Job title: Field and Technical Support Engineer
Job description: This is a Remote position that may require up to 50% travel. The incumbent must reside near a major airport. The majority of travel to include Midwest, Central and East coast.
- Provide engineering support to resolve complex customer technical issues. Diagnose if issues are related to application defects, database defects, server/domain/client environment, controls and or hardware issues
- Contribute to the development of service programs and procedures
- Contribute to the development of service contracts
- Work with existing system software / code currently developed
- Archive all internal machine functional specifications and hardware architectures for service reference
- Support existing systems in service as well as provide support to complete customer base
- Align and streamline documentation protocols
- Support sales of service contracts
- Document activities in CRM databases (JIRA, WIKI) and author knowledgebase documentation on troubleshooting issues related to software products and hardware devices. Work with the training/documentation team to aid in knowledge sharing
- Actively participate in cross functional teams that may include Software Engineering, Product Management and Hardware Engineering on feature design and requirements
- Participate in Customer site visits to intervene with resolving problems of high severity and manage customer relationships to represent the support team
- Conduct preventative maintenance visits at customer site, including training site staff on how to maintain equipment and do basic troubleshooting
**This position will require on-call rotational support over weekends/evenings.
4+ years’ experience providing technical support and in-field work. Experience with PLC programs and pharmacy automation strongly preferred
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows and Windows domains
- Experience writing queries and reports in relational databases (IBM DB2 or SQL Server or Oracle)
- Experience with troubleshooting software and hardware issues remotely is a must
- In-depth knowledge of the diagnosis, repair & debugging of software & hardware automation
- Must have experience in a client facing role with strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Business and technical writing experience a plus
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of local networking, including Ethernet and TCP/IP configuration
- Considerable problem-solving aptitude
- Computer hardware, networking, and communication knowledge
- Knowledge of Automated refill centers and pharmacy management systems
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware automation
Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) is work from home and at customer sites, which are pharmaceutical mail order/distribution plant
General Office Demands – May need to stand and crouch for extended periods while troubleshooting machines / equipment.
**This position will involve on-call rotational support over weekends/evenings.
This position may require up to 50% travel
Grade: Technical Support Engineer – USA – 5
Job Family Title: Technical Support Engineer
Career Level – IC-Professional – P3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Job date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 04:27:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!