Job title: Finance – Senior Accountant (Controllers Group)
Company: Hanover Insurance Group
Job description: For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we .
Our Finance team is currently seeking a Senior Accountant in our Worcester, MA location.
This is a full time, exempt role.
Works independently on difficult assignments within core accounting discipline. Prepares analysis and presents results to management with recommended action. Demonstrated ability to perform responsibilities outside of own unit.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Provides guidance and/or training to more junior team members.
- Prepares complex journal entries and reconciliations and/or performs detail review of simple to moderately complex journal entries or reconciliations.
- Independently prepares and analyzes complex financial statements, footnotes and sections of discussion and analysis confers with more senior team members as needed.
- May be accountable for a small to medium sized project or a subcomponent of a larger initiative.
- Participates in or may have accountability for key initiatives or other assignments within or outside of own unit.
- Prepares first level analysis of accounting issues or new accounting pronouncements, provides findings in a detailed white paper, and presents findings to department manager.
- Able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously, many with short turnaround times.
- May assist manager with audit process and communicating answers to internal and external auditors.
- May be required to review simple to moderately complex work papers of peers and more junior team members.
- May be required to perform responsibilities at a similar skill level outside of own unit.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- 3-6 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience. CPA or MBA preferred
- Key Success Factors:
- Analytical Thinking – Applies analytical techniques, e.g., separating a complex whole into its parts or elements to resolve problems or issues.
- Communication for Results – Expresses concepts (e.g. business, technical and other), ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions, so that others understand or are persuaded to act creates an environment that encourages and values the opinions of others and promotes sharing of information and ideas. Promotes and encourages people to speak up.
- Finance and Accounting Knowledge – Understands and applies financial and accounting principles to analyze financial results, track budgets, set pricing and rates, and report financials.
- Teamwork – Fosters an environment where individuals collaborate in pursuit of a common goal internally and externally to the team.
- Thoroughness – Demonstrates careful attention to detail. Keeps tasks and responsibilities clearly defined, on schedule, and error-free carries tasks, assignments, etc., through to completion.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Ability to use a personal computer and standard office equipment.
Ability to work in a fast-paced stressful environment.
Ability to work cooperatively.
Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods (75 – 90%).
Ability to travel as needed.
This job posting provides cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with this position. The examples provided are not complete, and the position may entail other essential and job-related functions and responsibilities that employees will be required to perform.
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform essential job functions, should contact us at: and include the link of the job posting in which you are interested.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please .
- Pay Type Salary
- Worcester, MA, USA
Location: Worcester, MA
Job date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 08:26:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!