Job title: Financial Analyst, North America Sort Centers
Job description: DESCRIPTION
North American Sort Centers (NASC) are looking for a bar raising analyst to help with the controllership of our multibillion-dollar assets. NASC is part of the Amazon Transportation Services, the Amazon logistical arm which enables next day free delivery for Prime members and 7 days a week delivery for our customers. Sort Centers are part of the middle-mile operation; every day several million packages from multiple fulfillment centers across the US and Canada arrive in one of the ~100 sort centers where they are sorted to specific last mile delivery locations, in effect consolidating volumes going to the same place, which improves truck utilization and reduces transportation costs. Since launching operations in 2013, we have provided billions of dollars of savings to Amazon, improved shipping times for our customers and enabled delivery 7 days a week – our growing presence in logistics space led Amazon to be one of the top 5 logistic operators in the US.
The NASC team based in Bellevue, WA is responsible for the FP&A, investment strategy and new transportation initiatives for this operation. This is an exciting opportunity to partner cross-functionally to ensure proper controllership, informed decision making, innovation and sustainability in processes for a growing network. Experience on this team opens up varying career opportunities across Amazon such as transitions to other business lines, project management roles, and/or management opportunities locally, regionally, and globally.
Key job responsibilities
This role partners directly impacts the controllership of Sort Center investments. A successful candidate effectively influences business partners, provides sound and thoughtful recommendations, and manages competing priorities in a quickly changing environment. The candidate should demonstrate amazing analytical skills, ability to work with ambiguity and strong analytical and verbal and written communication skills as direct interaction with worldwide operations leadership is common.
Provide finance support to accounting partners on key business information that impacts accounting events such as planned investments, changes in construction projects or lease agreements.
Perform monthly and quarterly reviews of the fixed asset ledger to check for completeness of data, correct entries, etc. and perform corrective actions whenever necessary.
Design and build processes that improve the level of automation and scalability of the aforementioned activities.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
· 3+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field
· Advanced experience with in Excel (proficiency with formulas like sumifs, lookups; financial modelling)
· Demonstrated business acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
· Ability to communicate findings from data and analysis to senior stakeholders in a structure and clear manner
· Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau, Cognos)
· Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
· Proficiency in Excel (create data connections, power query, VBA)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 05:53:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!