Job title: Food Service Director
Company: Healthcare Services Group
Job description: Food Service Director
Requisition ID: 2021-283089
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) services thousands of accounts nationwide and is now hiring a Food Service Director in your area! With a custom, state of the art training program, there are engaging opportunities regardless of where you are in your career. If you crave to learn and want to make a positive impact in your community, we’d love to have you on our team!
What We Offer!
- Free Telemedicine and Prescription discounts
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available
- Transfers available Nationwide. Great for active Military and Family!
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Manages the foodservice program in a single site according to Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) policies and procedures, and federal/state requirements.
- Utilizes protective gear in all appropriate functions
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to ensure that food quality standards, inventory levels, food safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- Maintains records of income and expenditures, food, supplies, personnel and equipment and provides reports to HCSG District Manager on such.
- Makes sure facility has sufficient supplies.
- Takes periodic inventories of supplies and materials, trains new employees, and recommends dismissals.
- Acts as liaison between building occupants, client managers or administrators and HCSG staff.
- Must be able to communicate effectively all directives from client managers, building occupants and administrators to HCSG staff.
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of dietary aide, cook, and dishwasher positions for purposes of training and assisting when there are call-outs.
- Training, quality control and in-servicing staff to HCSG standards is an essential part of the Manager’s responsibility and includes touring kitchen several times per day to assess work quality using QCIs for documentation purposes.
- Is a department head in the facility and must conduct themselves and their department in a professional manner.
- Consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company’s Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate’s degree or higher in food service management or in hospitality, if the course study includes food service or restaurant management, from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred.
- Specialized training in foodservice management and nutrition is desirable.
- Current ServSafe certification is required in accordance with State/County law, or must become ServSafe certified within 30 calendar days of hire.
- Certified Dietary Manager or Certified Food Service Manager designation where required in accordance with CMS and/or State/County law, or must become certified within a maximum of 9 months from enrollment.
- Two years’ experience in quantity food production/service and personnel supervision is desired.
- Two years or more related dining/nutrition experience is desired.
- Skilled in motivating and supervising foodservice personnel.
- General knowledge and understanding of nutrition.
- Ability to read and understand nutrient analysis reports.
- Knowledge of foodservice program requirements.
- An understanding of foodservice program finances.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain records and complete reports as required, including web-based reporting.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Skill in using public relations techniques to promote the foodservice program to client and residents.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other personnel and the public.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
- COVID-19 vaccine where required in accordance with State law and/or location preference.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
HCSG is one of the largest providers of environmental, dining, and nutritional services, and as such, we continually seek out motivated and professional leaders to join our team! Our firm commitment to training provides all of our associates with ample opportunity for self-improvement and professional growth. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HCSG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities.
Location: Corinth, MS
Job date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 05:34:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!