Job title: Franchised Sales & Event Service Manager
Job description: Posting Date Oct 06, 2021
Job Number 21112929
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, 3405 Lenox Road, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Atrium Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The primary purpose of the Sales & Event Service Manager (SESM) is to function as the client liaison with the hotel operations team to execute successful events by detailing group and events sales bookings that maximize revenues and create up-sell opportunities.
The Sales & Event Service Manager will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
- Complete, review, and distribute Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
- Offer upgrade options to the client, collect the contracted deposit(s) and obtain their client’s signature(s) on the BEOs.
- Communicate group details and changes to all hotel departments.
- Coordinate the client’s needs and activities to ensure customer’s expectations are met, and the property operates efficiently.
- In collaboration with the GM and DSE, conduct pre-convention meetings with client and hotel staff as needed, to ensure each event is positioned to meet the client’s expectations, and post-convention meetings to gather feedback to recognize key associates, understand where improvements might be needed, and to inform the client that they will be receiving a satisfaction survey.
- Monitor guest room block and blocked event space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of unused guestrooms and event space on cut-off date to allow re-sale of these rooms.
- Communicate with the client if there is a risk of attrition charges due to low pickup.
- Oversee and administer the payment process to include securing payment of invoices and ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to clients’ payment as stipulated in the sales contract.
- Maintain booking activities in Hotel Sales & Catering software system to include documenting accurate communication between the client, hotel staff, and the accounting department.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Events with sales duties as needed including but not limited to site tours, selling catering events, etc.
- Ensure group clients can make reservations and count on the hotel for accurate and timely billing by completing the following tasks: build group masters in the brand system, set up billing and routing in the brand system, follow up with client on rooming lists and enter the names in the PMS, submit commission payments through the brand commission processing system, issue brand loyalty meeting planner points to the group organizer, review group no shows and work with the front office to determine appropriate next steps, review VIP group reservations and confirm they are blocked in the correct room types.
- Participate in the Group Scrub Meeting; and
- Any and all other duties as required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 04:35:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!