Job title: Graphic Designer and Web Specialist
Company: Tulane University
Job description: The Graphic Designer and WebSpecialist is part of the Tulane University Campus Health team of committedprofessionals dedicated to supporting and promoting student health andwellbeing as a core institutional value through a multidisciplinary, comprehensiveapproach. The Campus Health Graphic Designer and Web Specialist reports to theManager of Marketing and Communication. This position is responsible for producing graphic designs that canbe used across multiple channels including print, websites, and social media.
The Graphic Designer and Web Specialist willwork with the Marketing Manager to develop a comprehensive health communicationplan for Campus Health that includes in person, print, and digitalcommunication strategies. This position designs and develops original,high-quality graphic design content for a variety of audiences in support ofthe mission and goals of Campus Health.
Located in the unique and iconic city ofNew Orleans, Tulane is a highly regarded and selective independent researchuniversity, a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities(AAU), and offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees in theliberal arts, science and engineering, architecture, business, law, socialwork, medicine, and public health. Tulane University Campus Health is fullyaccredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)and serves a student body of over 13,500.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong design and typography skills.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and design software, including Adobe Creative suite- InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Spark; Microsoft Office suite- PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS)- Drupal, WordPress, or other HTML-based website platforms.
- Ability to develop communications strategies for multiple constituencies with a flexible, client-focused attitude.
- Ability to produce and edit videos or willingness to learn these skills independently.
- Demonstrated ability to set, manage, and meet project deadlines.
- An understanding of social media strategy and implementation.
- Knowledge of print production, web design, and illustration skills
- Strong general communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, with ability to relate and train non-technical personnel as needed.
- Creativity, reliability, attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse community and provide services and communication from a non-judgmental perspective.
- Excellent computer skills: proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and willingness to learn new programs.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field. • AND
- One (1) year of work experience in marketing/communications, health promotion or closely related field; OR High school diploma or equivalent and seven (7) years of work experience in graphic design or closely related field.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Health Communication, Marketing/Communication, Higher Education, or other related field.
- Experience in health communication planning, implementation, and evaluation in higher education.
How To Apply
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Click “Apply Now” to apply for this job.
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about , as well as our . See our to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location: New Orleans, LA
Job date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 07:29:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!