Job title: Health Services Clinic Operations Manager
Company: Berkeley Lab
Job description: Berkeley Lab’s Environment, Health and Safety ( ) Division is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join the Lab’s Health Services Clinic Team.
Reporting to the Occupational Medical Director, you will provide managerial leadership, manage programs, develop corrective actions associated with Federal OSHA and DOE safety regulations, and work to assure the Lab mission meets applicable EH&S-related Department of Energy (DOE) orders, other regulatory requirements, and performance measures through technical program execution, planning, direction and management.
What You Will Do:
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to the Health Services Clinic Team.
- Maintain the service contract for health professionals.
- Provide technical direction for staff who manage technical programs.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with DOE counterparts at the Berkeley Site Office and UCOP.
- Lead the application of Integrated Safety Management (ISM) principles in assigned functional areas.
- Manage, plan, and administer administrative operations and/or general operations including the IT, facilities employee and patient services, laboratories, contracts, budgetary financial management, recharge administration and / or human resources.
- Develop, modify, and execute organization policies which affect immediate operation(s).
- Manage daily clinic schedule and provider schedules.
- Provide oversight and coordination of Health Services Wellness activities with the UC Wellness Coordinators Group, UCB and IDEA.
- Function as a point of contact for the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA) and coordinate all record requests from DOE Headquarters.
- Collate reporting of LBNL COVD-19 statistics to all cognizant entities.
- Identify and implement items for continuous improvement in assigned programmatic areas.
- Provide EH&S management with metrics (performance) data supporting effective operation of the Clinic.
What is Required:
- Master’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible roles in personnel and program management, preferably in the healthcare arena, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience including project management, program planning, scheduling, budgeting and management and documentation of program assessments.
- Expert knowledge of OSHA, DOE, ANSI, and other pertinent federal, state, and local regulatory requirements driving such programs and others within a multi program within a complex multiprogram scientific, academic, medical, or research institution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise a professional staff including the ability to oversee the performance of the work, obtain feedback, make improvements in work performance, plan all activities, identify and assess hazards of the workplace, and assure administrative and technical controls are used to mitigate the hazards.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to interface with all levels of personnel both internal and external to an organization with a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently to meet workload demands and deadlines, to respond quickly, and maintain flexibility during periods of changing work priorities and tight time constraints.
- Must be able to function efficiently in office environments, independently using standard office equipment.
- Must be able to travel via commercial airlines, including navigating airports, managing luggage, etc.
What We Prefer:
- Advanced Degree (MBA or MPH).
- Experience in allied occupational health functions such as industrial hygiene and occupational safety.
- This is a full-time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Learn About Us:
(LBNL) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click to view the poster and supplement: “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.”
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups presently considering scientific research careers.
Job date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 23:10:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!