Job title: Housekeeper
Company: Hancock Regional Hospital
Job description: Title
Category Environmental Services / Housekeeping – 8090
JOB SUMMARY: To provide the medical staff, nursing services, support staff, patient and customers with an adequate supply of clean/functional linen in a timely manner, and a physical environment that is visibly clean and sanitized.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily cleaning of patient rooms, discharge rooms, exam rooms and utility areas.
- Performs trash and soiled linen removal throughout the hospital.
- Cleaning of corridors, stairways and other areas.
- Sets up meeting rooms for various events. Distributes clean linen throughout the hospital.
- Must be able to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Must enjoy working with others and serving customers.
- Must be able to work around and clean up blood and body fluid spills.
- Must be able, (after training), to demonstrate correct cleaning procedures, use of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
- Physical demands include: standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, climbing stairs, turning/twisting, bending at waist, reaching, lifting approximately 25 pounds, carrying approximately 20 pounds, pushing approximately 250 pounds and good manual dexterity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred. Customer Service Fire and Safety Corporate Compliance Confidentiality Infection Control Education required by regulatory, accreditation bodies, scope of practice, and/or Hancock Regional Hospital.
Position Housekeeper (601)
Number of Openings 1
Open Date 3/22/2021
Location Hancock Regional Hospital
About the Organization Hancock Regional Hospital serves Hancock County and the surrounding areas as a full-service community hospital focused on primary care, patient comfort, and convenience.
Today, a highly skilled medical and professional nursing staff anchors Hancock Regional Hospital. We have a state-of-the-art surgery department, 24-hour emergency services, OB services, progressive and critical care, a geropsychology unit, home healthcare, occupational health, a transitional care unit, a total oncology program with a cutting-edge radiation oncology center, many private rooms, and a full complement of Inpatient and outpatient services.
Our Mission is to be a Caring Community Partner by healing, improving health and wellness, alleviating suffering, and delivering acts of kindness one person at a time.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Location: Greenfield, IN
Job date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 07:16:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!