Job title: Human Resources Generalist (Teacher Recruiter)
Company: Columbus City Schools
Job description: Definition
Under direction, is responsible for performing fully-skilled professional human resources work; performs related duties as required.
Please note: Continued funding for some positions are contingent upon availability.
Examples of Work
Develops and implements plans and strategies for recruiting and retaining better qualified and more diverse applicants;
Participates in discussions relative to the organization of new units and the reorganization of existing units;
Discusses staffing needs with management/supervision and recommends solutions to best fit these needs;
Counsels and advises management/supervision on District policies, rules, and procedures pertaining to recruitment and selection processes;
Identifies any pre-employment issues and makes recommendations as to whether or not to proceed with hiring decisions;
Reviews proposed policies to assess impact on human resources programs or functions;
Analyzes existing organizational and human resources issues; recommends alternative approaches and solutions for existing organizational and human resources problems;
Develops, conducts, and/or coordinates training for employees; consults with administrators, managers, supervisors, and employees on training issues and needs;
Implements and monitors evaluation and appraisal methods to ensure timeliness and consistency; assists with development of performance standards;
Monitors personnel functions as assigned to ensure proper implementation and compliance;
Reviews and assists with the modification of job classification specifications as needed; monitors and maintains authorized strength position control; writes and/or assists line personnel in writing position descriptions;
Writes and/or prepares technical standards, manuals, policies, procedures, and guidelines;
Writes reports and drafts correspondence;
Interprets, applies, and responds to questions regarding human resources law, work rules, and labor contracts;
Reviews contract language to ensure the goals of all parties are accomplished;
May supervise assigned staff to include conducting performance appraisals, approving/disapproving leave requests, and/or initiating disciplinary action.
- Executes recruiting plans and programs to identify talent sources within and outside of the school district for the talent acquisition department. This includes overseeing and/or conducting recruiting plans and interviewing schedules for each open position.
- Regularly participates in local and national job & career fairs to source talent for vacant positions.
- Participates in the annual teaching allocation process (i.e. Article 211) to meet the educator needs across all schools and academic departments. Partners with the Columbus Education Association (CEA) bargaining unit to enable certificated openings to be filled internally.
- Conducts ongoing process improvement to increase the standardization and effectiveness of recruiting and staffing practices. This includes regularly measuring and tracking recruiting results (i.e. time to fill, EEO/ADA recruiting, vacancy rate, etc.) and periodically presenting this data and assessment of effectiveness to leadership.
- Partners with the reporting administrator to conduct exit interviews for departing employees.
- Provides new hire information to internal HR staff to prepare documents for board approval and onboarding of new staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in various computer and technology programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of professional human resources experience in a human resources office, department, or company.
- Preferred Spanish Speaking experience and proficient in speaking English
- Substitution(s): A master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
Prior to application completion, please attach an OFFICIAL transcript or copy of degree indicating field of study.
Test/Job Contact Information
This job posting is for a noncompetitive position and will CREATE A NEW LIST. The hiring department will conduct a preliminary review of your application to determine who to interview. It is the responsibility of all applicants to provide a complete list of relevant work experience (previous and current) on the application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of listed work experience. Unless otherwise indicated, any year of required experience is based on 12 months of full time employment. Anything below 35 hours/week (or seasonal work) will be prorated. Please be sure that the job experience and education information in your profile is up to date and accurate before submitting your application. Questions regarding this process can be directed to Human Resources at .
Columbus City Schools is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Columbus City Schools (CCS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, ancestry, familial status, military status or disability in its educational programs, activities, and employment policies.
Expected salary: $31.88 per hour
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 05:07:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!