Job title: HUMAN RESOURCES – RECRUITER
Company: Seminole Gaming
Job description: Overview
Seminole Casino Coconut Creek offers the market’s most fully-integrated, energized, stylish and upscale local’s casino experience featuring 2,300 Las Vegas style slots and over 65 live table games such as blackjack, baccarat and poker. Under its roof, the casino has the region’s most sought-after steakhouse, NYY Steak, Sorrisi Italian Restaurant and the New York-style 1st Street Deli. Guests can entertain with live music and listen to tunes from the region’s top DJs at Legends Lounge, Nectar and Sunset Grill. The Pavilion, a 1,200-seat capacity entertainment venue, has been a home to acts like Tony Orlando, Frank Sinatra Jr., Joan Collins and many more.
Open 24/7, 365 days a year, Seminole Casino Coconut Creek is located at the corner of U.S. 441 (State Road 7) and Sample Road at 5550 NW 40 Street in Coconut Creek, Fla. For more information, call 954.977.6700; visit us online at CasinoCoco.com
or follow us on Instagram
and Twitter @SemCasinoCoCo
Our Commitment to Service:
We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
Under the supervision of the Recruitment Manager, this team member is responsible for assisting the manager in all facets of the recruiting process to ensure successful hires throughout the organization.
- Analyze the information provided on applications, conduct phone screening and/or personal interviews to determine the suitability of the applicant for employment.
- Responsible for making placement recommendations, extending offers and assisting with the onboarding/orientation process as needed.
- Use traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as social and professional networking sites to develop new, creative recruiting ideas.
- Develop and network mutually rewarding relationships with local schools, workforce centers, association memberships, trade groups and team members as necessary to identify qualified talent.
- Coordinate and attend career fairs on and off property.
- Determine most appropriate venue, including internet sites, newspaper, professional organizations and schools to post openings as necessary.
- Stay current with most effective trends to build traffic and attract the right talent.
- Practice proactive recruiting practices including nurturing relationships and identifying talent for future openings.
- Stay abreast of future hiring and business needs.
- Ensure both internal and external applicants receive prompt and timely responses in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Be a subject matter expert for the online application system and suggest improvements to its features and processes.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable Human Resources government guidelines and laws.
- Build a rapport with team members and develop an awareness of their career aspirations. Coach and mentor as needed.
- Perform all required data entry on Company’s HRIS system.
- Assist Manager in coordinating the efforts of the recruitment staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative but not wholly inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two (2) years of Human Resources or (1) year of recruiting experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm and outgoing personality while projecting a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high volume environment with previous Casino and/or hotel experience preferred.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, ethics and discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Detailed and organized with exceptional administrative and multi-tasking skills capable of working where numerous interruptions to job tasks may occur.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with various departments, managers, team members and applicants.
- Ability to travel to other locations for recruitment assignments.
- Ability to occasionally work nights, weekends, holidays and outside of regular work schedule
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Basic mathematical skills specific to job responsibilities are required, to include the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, specific to position responsibilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software particularly with Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Technically oriented with Infinium and ICIMS experience preferred.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to continuously maneuver around the office and property, often sitting and sometimes standing for long hours
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 25 pounds and ability to bend, reach and stoop
- Ability to respond to visual and aural cues
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Job date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 06:38:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!