Job title: Human Resources Specialist
Company: Saint Mary’s College – Notre Dame, In
Job description: Human Resources Specialist
This position is responsible for providing assistance in support of various Human Resources functions. Primary responsibilities include providing a high level of customer service to applicants, new employees and campus employees.
· Initiate pre-employment screens as part of recruiting process.
· Coordinate employee HR onboarding process pre-employment including new hire paperwork sessions, benefit reviews, and other orientation processes.
· Facilitate Family Medical Leave and other approved leaves.
· Initiate payroll changes forms.
· Complete employment verifications.
· Develop content for HR updates, and other inter-campus communications.
· Maintain performance review notification process and separation processes.
· Monitor incoming HR general emails.
· Assist with coordination of various HR events, programs, and training initiatives; including Open Enrollment, Health & Wellness events, New Hire Orientation, and other educational opportunities, etc.
· Order office supplies, answer phones, and maintain personnel files including filling.
The right candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred with a minimum of two (2) years previous experience working in the field of Human Resources; 1-2 years’ experience with Banner or another payroll software; demonstrated experience with MS Office products, including proficiency in Excel; strong organizational skills with the ability to respond to multiple project requirements and deadlines; ability to make decisions; and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Experience utilizing HRIS software is highly preferred; ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral manner; experience presenting to diverse audiences; ability to work well under deadlines and pressure; and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Saint Mary’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, in keeping with the College’s mission, Saint Mary’s is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels – students, faculty, and staff – and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:39:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!