Job title: In-house Technology Journalist
Job description: You will be our In-House Technology Journalist who writes articles, tech culture stories, thought leadership pieces, and technical storylines that bring technology to life for average readers.
You will convert nerd speak into engaging storylines that allow readers to see their own future. You should be a sociologist at heart, and be able to shift language into different audience points of view. You’ll be writing for AI audiences, tech culture, industrial customers, architects, engineers, real estate managers, contractors, building managers, standard bodies, and utilities.
Do you enjoy a dynamic work environment at an early stage startup? This position requires someone who is grounded in journalism, tech writing, story ideation, and has experience engaging with media outlets.
PassiveLogic is disrupting the world of automation with the first fully autonomous platform for buildings. Our culture is built on bringing together the most talented engineers, thinkers, and creatives — backed by the world’s leading investors — working together to make the future a reality.
PassiveLogic’s platform enables users to design their own custom autonomous systems for a wide variety of solutions. We’ve reinvented automation to replace legacy control logic with real-time control decisions at the edge, reducing the world’s carbon footprint, while paving the way for the future of smart cities. We are looking for passionate team members who are driven by impact, market transformation, and customer-centered solutions.
What you will be doing
- Drive thought leadership that educates and elevates PassiveLogic as a technology leader in the building automation space and beyond.
- Develop compelling messaging and targeted content strategies that will attract and address our various audiences through multiple channels and platforms.
- Embed yourself across our organization of technical SMEs to illuminate and amplify newsworthy storylines.
- Develop content across a wide range of media channels including technical white papers, customer and investor decks, explainer and sizzle videos, website copy, blog posts, industry publications, academic journal articles, tier 1 media outlet articles, podcasts and other audio outlets.
- Own our editorial calendar in close collaboration with the marketing team.
- Develop and use metrics to understand how content is performing, and use the data to continually improve.
- Monitor and stay current with trends in content strategy. Continually work to bring in best practices.
You must have
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to pull stories out of anyone.
- A proven track record around communicating complex technical concepts in a clear and compelling way.
- Exceptional messaging and writing skills with strong attention to detail.
- A reputation as a great team player. You are easy to work with, you listen to and seek to understand those around you.
- The ability to quickly ramp on complex technology concepts.
- Drive to learn new skills and stay up to date with industry best practices.
- An ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
- 5+ years experience in B2B content development / journalism.
- B.S. or B.A. in Journalism, Communication, English, Marketing or related field.
- Positive attitude, resilience, and the ability to produce high quality results in a fast paced environment.
You should have
- Solid knowledge of content management systems, content marketing and nurture journeys and techniques.
- SEO knowledge.
- Knowledge of and interest in advanced technology.
- Experience working with video and audio producers for short, informative and on brand pieces.
- Experience working in Apple native applications: Pages, Keynote, etc.
It’s helpful to have
- Startup experience
- Industrial / building automation experience
This position reports to the VP of Marketing. Due to the highly collaborative nature of the role, it will be based in our Salt Lake City office.
Compensation, Perks, & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Equity share
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and PTO
- Well stocked break room and catered lunches
- Free ski passes available (We are at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon)
- Free National Park passes available
- Must be diligent and get work done, but we do respect powder days
To apply for this position:
With your cover letter and resume, include two B2B writing samples that showcase storytelling around complex technology.
Location: Holladay, UT
Job date: Tue, 18 May 2021 22:52:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!