Job title: Instructor, Chemical and Biological Engineering
Job description: Instructor, Chemical and Biological Engineering
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of Colorado Boulder is seeking a full-time instructor who embraces engineering education, employs active learning, and has a strong technical background. Ranked in the top 20 by US News for both its undergraduate and graduate programs, the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering is a world-class department with 35 faculty members, approximately 40 postdoctoral fellows, 145 graduate students, and more than 500 undergraduate students.
The department has a proud tradition of academic excellence. We have two robust ABET-accredited undergraduate degree programs, where the emphasis is on interactive learning, computer applications, a wide variety of interdisciplinary options, and undergraduate research. We have created thousands of screencasts and interactive simulations – available on – that have over 30 million views.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Founded in 1893, the College of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Colorado Boulder is the second largest of seven schools and colleges at one of the nation’s top public research institutions. As Colorado’s flagship university, CU Boulder has selective admissions standards and a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. and teaching experience. The candidate will aspire to push innovations in engineering education; help develop curriculum and other programmatic initiatives; be comfortable teaching larger (100+) groups of students; and have a strong technical background in a chemical or biological engineering or related field. It is preferred that the candidate be comfortable troubleshooting and building equipment in a chemical engineering lab (i.e. plumbing/electronics/interfacing associated with heat exchangers, separation columns, reactors) and have some knowledge of LabView. Industry experience, while not required, is an asset.
What You Should Know
- For more information about the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, please visit:
. * For more information about CEAS, please visit:
. * Target start date: Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
What We Can Offer
Salary will range from $75,000 – $105,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the .
Be Accomplished. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Doctorate degree (or international equivalent) within Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Ability to teach core Chemical Engineering classes and labs.
- College-level teaching experience as either the instructor of record or as a teaching assistant.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Strongly preferred: Engineering lab experience, for instance with fittings, plumbing, electronics, and wiring.
- Knowledge of LabView electronics interfacing.
- Three years teaching experience including strong student teaching evaluations.
- Some industry experience in a chemical or biological engineering-related field.
- Experience teaching large (100+) classes.
- Demonstrated service to an academic department.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover letter briefly reviewing your interest in and qualifications for this position; touch on courses you would be most enthusiastic to teach (2-3 pages).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Statement of your teaching philosophy (2-3 pages).
- List of 3-5 references with contact information. These individuals will be contacted and asked to submit a letter of recommendation at a later time. This information will be kept confidential.
- Samples (1-3) of student/course evaluations, including a comparison to department scores, course syllabi, and the number of students in classes.
Applications received by April 20, 2021 will be given full consideration, though applications will continue to be accepted after this date until the position is filled. For inquiries, please contact Wendy Young at .
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Wendy Young
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expected salary: $75000 – 105000 per year
Location: Boulder, CO
Job date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 07:57:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!