Job title: IT Applications Team Developer/Analyst – DevOps 7338
Company: The Thomas Edwards Group
Job description: IT Applications Team Developer/Analyst – DevOps
We are looking for a developer with a focus on providing DevOps and application environment administration. In addition to their role as a contributor in terms of code development, this position will have primary responsibility in our Application Development team for managing the code repository, build and deployment processes, and application environments and infrastructure. This position will work closely with our infrastructure team to plan and execute on projects, as well as working with business teams to communicate on issues, troubleshooting, and coordinate for code deployments, infrastructure changes for the application environment, and outages.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to work across IT teams and communicate with business users and management. You should have hands-on experience on software development, application stack troubleshooting, working with business users and vendors to resolve issues.
Responsibilities vary, and may include other duties not listed here:
- Contributing to development projects as a C# developer
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Managing the Azure DevOps environment and related tools for build, deploy, and test execution
- Work with the team in selection and implementation of tools to support the SDLC, encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Understand and plan for infrastructure requirements for projects.
- Monitoring code and environment lifecycles and working with team leads to address issues and maintain supportability
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Coordination and communication within the broader IT team and with business users
- Monitoring and measuring application and environment performance
- Proven experience in a DevOps role, working with Azure DevOps
- Experience managing Azure application environments and a demonstrated understanding of the Azure application stack and cost implications
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Extensive experience (5+ yrs) with the Microsoft development stack, and specifically C#, .Net Core, MVC
- Experience implementing and supporting solutions within the Azure environment
- Experience implementing and supporting web applications
- Extensive experience with Windows Server, Windows Services and IIS
- Working knowledge of MS SQL and databases
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
A 4-year college or university degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study.
A minimum of 6 years of enterprise technology experience is preferred. Experience in multiple IT disciplines is highly beneficial.
- This position is not available for remote work.
- This position will abide by the work-from-home policies for the Corporate IT team.
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 03:13:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!