Job title: IT Help Desk Coordinator – Temporary
Company: State of Nebraska
Job description: Description
The State of Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a temporary IT Help Desk Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing critical IT support to a large number of Agency staff and external partners using IT software, hardware, networking, and telephony technologies.
Location: Nebraska State Office Building, 301 Centennial Mall, Lincoln, NE 68508
Schedule: Mon-Fri: flexible schedule between 7:30a-6p
*This is a Temporary Position expected to last 6 months from Hire Date.*
Examples of Work
The Temporary IT Help Desk Coordinator provides critical IT support to the Agency and external partners as a part of the IT Help Desk Team. This position is an important role within the agency that will provide assistance with a wide variety of IT software, hardware, networking, and telephony technologies.
- Receiving and fulfilling customer requests and questions
- Analyze, diagnose, and repair hardware and software problems using established support procedures and remote diagnostic and control utilities.
- Provisioning and onboarding new users
- Participates in testing and installing upgrades and new applications.
- Analyzes and determines cause of incidents and resolves user remote connections problems.
- Supporting both local and remote users operating a variety of technologies including: desktops, laptops, network connectivity and cell phones.
- Support other members of the Help Desk Team
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: One year of post high school coursework or vocational/technical training in computer science, data processing operations, information technology, management information systems, network/ telecommunications systems, AND one year of experience either in installing and using software applications or operating data processing systems, or in instructing others in the use of these applications or systems. Equivalent combination of education and experience in the areas described above may substitute for these requirements.
PREFERRED: One year or more experience in an IT customer service role. Experience with a wide variety of IT software, hardware, networking, and telephony technologies. Experience with provisioning and onboarding new users. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong customer service skills. Ability to work with individuals with varying IT knowledge and skills. Ability to coordinate with other teams. Good troubleshooting skills. Good time management skills.
Temporary employees who work a minimum of 20 hours per week and are placed in an assignment at least six months or longer are eligible to participate in employee benefit programs including:
Expected salary: $18.62 per hour
Location: Lincoln, NE
Job date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 23:54:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!