Job title: IT Product Owner Manager
Job description: Career Area: Information Technology
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The Supply Chain System Product Manager works as a leader within Resource Industries – IT, Order Fulfillment and Procurement Division. Products within this portfolio include Network Planning and Execution corporate applications. The portfolio works directly with business units, Group CIO organizations and Global Information Services to support the modernization of the supply chain system and processes. The Product Owner is accountable for: providing leadership and guidance to the system teams across the organization in direct collaboration with system engineering, enterprise architects and process/data owners. Additionally, the role works with business partners to ensure product adoption that yields high enterprise value.
Job Related Statistics
- Accountable for driving the product roadmap for multi-year, multi-million-dollar digital platform development.
- Position will be responsible for a department of system professionals
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Direct management for a team of Solution Architects, Project Managers, Team Leads and System Analysts
- Drive solution delivery across enterprise, diversified departments
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Global Development Center
- Responsible for acting as Product Owner for large, complex transformation projects with high value to the organization
- Responsible for the technical vision of what is to be built, and conveying that vision to the team
- Collaborates with Business Analysts and Project Managers
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Responsible for establishing and delivering to major and minor release dates
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Inspect the product progress at and accept or reject the delivery quality.
- Be a good role model of project management and DevSecOps values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications, computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- Direct development and/or deployment experience with Salesforce applications
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- 3+ years’ experience leading enterprise development / deployment teams
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Domain expert in business applications
- Strong accountability, planning/organization, teamwork and customer focus
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Deep supply chain expertise
- Location: East Peoria, Illinois
- Relocation is offered
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network .
Location: East Peoria, IL
Job date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 22:30:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!