Job title: IT Project Manager (contract to hire)
Company: Knowledge Services
Job description: Overview
Knowledge Services is actively seeking an intermediate level IT Project Manager for a contract to hire opportunity with our client, the State of IN’s Office of Information Technology. Candidates local to the Indianapolis, IN area are preferred.
This role is contract to hire. Candidates should only apply if you are interested in becoming a full time employee of the State of IN.
Manages, plans, organizes, and controls all operations and activities of medium to large information technology projects. Employee works in the Indiana Office of Technology and reports to the Project Success Center (PSC) Director. Employee may receive guidance from senior-level Project Manager(s) and may provide guidance and assistance to lower-level Project Manager(s).
- Manages medium to large projects that may involve multiple departments/divisions within an agency and other state or contracted resources for the project;
- Creates and maintains project plans;
- Ensures that users and project team members roles and responsibilities on the project are defined;
- Coordinates and monitors activities of all parties involved in the project to ensure the system is completed on time and within budget;
- Communicates project status to appropriate management and interested parties;
- Ensures that user requirements, deliverables and approvals are defined;
- Ensures the delivery of product that meets user requirements;
- Creates and maintains a team atmosphere and work environment to promote project work productivity;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- 5+ yrs experience in IT Project Management
- MS Project Pro/Project Online, MS Teams
- Considerable knowledge of project cost management, benefit analysis, risk management, funding and estimation of resources
- Considerable knowledge of project management theories and practices and the ability to apply that knowledge;
- Considerable knowledge of the information systems development life cycle, information technology, project tools and approaches to development and implementation;
- Familiarity with the business functional area under consideration for automation;
- Ability to lead, encourage and influence others to perform;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to supervise and manage diverse human resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Overview of Knowledge Services:
By utilizing technology, Knowledge Services has been expanding the reach of professional organizations since 1994. A certified woman-owned business enterprise (WBE), Knowledge Services was started by Julie Bielawski as a computer training facility that partnered with big names like Oracle and Microsoft to provide on-the-job instruction. When the growing need for temporary IT staffing became apparent, Knowledge Services began exploring vendor management, prompting the development of the solutions they use today to serve both the public and private sectors.
Today, Knowledge Services is the largest government MSP provider in the nation with twelve state accounts and counting. With a diverse and growing team, seven office locations across the country, and a focus on mobile capabilities, Knowledge Services is poised to help organizations serve the modern citizen through cost-effective solutions that put people first.
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Ticket and Event discounts!
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 07:18:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!