Job title: Lead Research Analyst
Company: TRC Companies
Job description: Job Description
A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets.
We serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations. TRC has over 6,000 technical professionals and support personnel at more than 150 offices globally, including Canada, China and the UK. Our clients depend on TRC’s multidisciplinary teams to design solutions to their toughest business challenges in the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
We understand our clients’ goals, and embrace them as our own, applying creativity, experience, integrity and dedication to deliver superior solutions to the world’s energy, environment and infrastructure challenges.
We will solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live — community by community.
TRC is ranked #20 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
Please watch the video below to learn more:
TRC Advanced Energy (TRC), a nationally known consultancy, is seeking an experienced consultant to help lead clean energy program evaluation and market research studies. As a research lead, we’ll be looking to you to manage the execution of quantitative and qualitative research efforts, and manage interactions with clients throughout projects’ lifecycle
When you join our team as a research lead, you will be the client-facing lead on a range of evaluation and research projects, with support from senior management. Your success will consist of helping identify how research and evaluation can support clients’ most pressing needs, and then translating study results into actionable findings. You will use your experience evaluating or implementing programs to train and mentor junior staff in evaluation methodologies and demand side program optimization. You will work closely with our entire multi-disciplinary team of economists, sociologist, planners, engineers, policy experts, data scientists and researchers to design, plan, and deliver exceptional clean energy offerings.
You will be joining our team at an exciting time, as we combine our long history supporting energy efficiency and demand response with teams focused on emerging tech, distributed energy resources, microgrids, storage, electrification, and resiliency. We are looking for a candidate who is excited to help chart this future with us.
The ideal candidate will be assertive, personable, and a self-starter, with the capacity to manage multiple tasks across multiple teams. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and coordinate with internal technical team members and external customers and who is not afraid to dive into new types of work.
TRC is committed to promoting diversity and equity within clean energy sector. Different backgrounds and perspectives are essential to the utility of the future, and we are committed to actively developing opportunities for candidates of color and from under-represented groups in the field of energy research and evaluation. We strongly encourage that diverse candidates apply to this position.
*Applicants will need to include a cover letter and writing sample in the application process to be considered.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and manage program evaluations for utility demand side management programs.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and how research can help them.
- Integrate mixed methods research results into clear, actionable findings.
- Present results to clients and help them understand how to implement changes based on our research.
- Train and oversee junior staff in implementing research studies.
- Present on areas of expertise at industry conferences, webinars, and other outlets.
- Consult to clients on topics such as policy changes, program design, and regulatory strategy.
- Contribute to proposals and other business development activities.
- Help identify and pursue opportunities to apply utility demand side management program expertise and research approaches to the next generation of clean energy offerings, such as distributed energy resources, electrical vehicles, microgrids, storage, and electrification.
- Education: Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) preferred. Bachelors may be okay only with 5+ years of experience in our specific industry.
- Experience: At least 4 years of experience in utility energy efficiency or clean energy program evaluation or implementation.
- You must be able to lead team-based research projects, including managing scope, schedule, and budget.
- You must have strong track record working with clients to communicate research methods and findings.
- Nice to Have
- Expertise in measuring program attribution and interest applying this experience to the next generation of clean energy offerings.
- Facility with a mix of research methods. Research methodology expertise is helpful but being able to integrate findings for clients from across a range of methods and data sources is key.
- Exceptional business acumen.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Chicago, IL – CHI, New York, NY – Broadway – NYC1, Boston, MA – BSTN, Lowell, MA – LOW, Milwaukee, WI, Madison, WI – MDN, St. Paul – MN, Denver, CO, Austin, TX – East Huntland Dr – AUS4, Houston, TX, San Antonio, TX, San Diego, CA – Hancock Street – SDG, Phoenix, AZ – PHOE, Irvine, CA – Campus Drive – IRN, Los Angeles, CA – LOS, San Francisco, CA – Sansome St – SFO, Sacramento, CA – Creekside – STO, Portland, OR
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 07:52:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!