Job title: Lead Technical Support Engineer
Job description: The Lead Technical Support Engineer is responsible for resolving product issues/questions as directed by Technical Support Management in addition to interfacing with others also working product support cases. Work may include advanced troubleshooting; remote monitoring & diagnostics; interfacing with other engineering teams; regular status updates with customers and senior management. Direct named contact support for customers may also be involved. Travel (infrequent) to customer sites may be required to diagnose and resolve urgent issues as well as attend product trade shows.
AS A LEAD TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
Provides advanced product support, and leadership to ensure efficient problem resolution, which includes critical/high-priority accounts and situations.
Identify and resolve product issues as part of an overall effort to provide design, application, technical, and troubleshooting assistance to Emerson sales and field engineers, support engineers, certified support providers, distributors, and customers.
Research and troubleshoot issues involving electrical/electronic control systems, PLC products, PLC applications/designs, motion controls, operator interfaces, and associated software.
Design, assemble, test and simulate systems to identify and resolve reported product issues.
Interface with other engineering teams on design, reliability and maintainability for all products.
Evaluate new product designs and features.
Troubleshoots and identifies product problems for presentation to engineering or development for a resolution or disseminates appropriate information necessary to correct configuration issues.
Acts as a liaison between the customer and sustaining engineering team.
Owns and manages personal caseload and performs callbacks and case follow through as defined by the Case Management Procedures.
Consults with QA, Development, Application Engineering, and management regarding problem escalation, problem resolution, and potential critical accounts and situations.
Creates solutions for the Emerson Knowledge base.
Works to gain knowledge of how Emerson software and hardware is applied in the marketplace. Gains further product knowledge by attending appropriate classes and seminars.
May also serve as point person on escalated issues.
May act as a liaison between support team and Senior Management.
Provides technical support education and mentoring to more junior support members.
May participate in or lead Aged Case Review with Sustaining Engineering and Quality teams.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Business Insight
- You keep up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace.
- Customer Focus
- You identify opportunities that benefit the customer.
- Tech Savvy
- You scan the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance.
- Decision Quality
- You make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information.
- Action Oriented
- You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Electro Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years design/application/support experience with Emerson PLC and automation products (PACSystems, Machine Edition, etc.) or competitive products (Rockwell, Siemens, etc.)
- Expert product and solutions knowledge with Motion solutions; servo, steppers, and variable frequency drives.
- PLC and Motion programming experience.
- Strong domain and application knowledge.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience working directly with customers via email and phone
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional troubleshooting, customer service and analytical skills.
- Sets an example in terms of quality, consistency and level of work, as well as work ethic and approach.
- Positive attitude when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Significant experience reproducing customer reported problems; isolating cause and driving resolution is key to this role as is in-depth technical, application and domain knowledge.
- Experience with Operator Interface and HMI/SCADA applications.
- Experience using and troubleshooting industrial communications – Ethernet comms in general and including SRTP, EGD, PROFINET, ModbusTCP, ProfiBus, DeviceNet, etc.
- Ability to make decisions on case escalation based on customer business situations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as measured by previous technical presentations to customers and/or employees.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our and about .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to .
Job date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 22:50:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!