Job title: Lead UX Researcher
Job description: Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
Design at CDK
CDK Global is transforming the car buying process for both automotive dealers and car buyers. To achieve this lofty goal, we are deeply engaging with our users in order to ensure that our products ignite efﬁciency and productivity while being delightfully easy to use. The User Experience team at CDK is focused on the quality of the interactions people have with our technology and is looking for professionals that employ the principles and techniques of User Centered Design to join us. UX @ CDK follows a multi-disciplinary approach that focuses on all the users’ emotions, beliefs, preferences, perceptions, and behaviors through an iterative research and design process.
Lead UX Researcher Position Summary
The Lead UX Researcher works within the UX Design Team at CDK Global to strategize, conceptualize and produce the creation of Web-based tools and consumer interfaces, with a focus on Data & Analytics tools. The Lead UX Researcher will work with product teams to identify research needs and deliver user centered ﬁndings and recommendations that meet the needs of the client, meet business objectives, and provide an engaging and compelling user experience. As the Lead UX Researcher, you must have advanced experience and demonstrated ability in planning and conducting user research, design testing, information architecture, and journey mapping.
The responsibilities and essential functions for the Lead UX Researcher:
- Lead and Mentor the UX Research Team, providing guidance and feedback
- Conduct exploratory, evaluative, and summative research studies throughout the product lifecycle
- Design research studies, gather data, synthesize it into actionable insights and disseminate findings to various teams
- Create research reports, user journey maps, workflows, personas, day-in-the-life scenarios, and use case summaries to help deepen organizational understanding of our users
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and engineers to test design concepts and engineering prototypes through lean research and usability testing
- Facilitate innovation workshops and envisioning exercises with cross-functional stakeholders based on opportunities identified through research
- Present and evangelize the value of UX Research and the concept of usability across the organization
- Operate with lean, agile frameworks and methodologies to improve the ability to respond to change
- You have led a diverse team of UX Researcher to successful business outcomes
- You have a demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and their application throughout the product lifecycle including conducting ethnography, semi-structured interviews, focus groups, contextual field visits, workflow/task analysis, usability testing, and human factors studies
- You are user-centered
- You have a working knowledge of statistical methods
- You are willing to travel (in the future post Covid-19 Vaccination)
- You have a portfolio demonstrating your 10+ years of UX research experience throughout the product development lifecycle
- You have a bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- You have passion for the human experience and the experience of teammates
- You have relentless attention to detail
- You have Rock Star level soft skills
- You are a Natural entrepreneur
- You are proficient in Atlassian Confluence + JIRA, Jira Align, Amplitude, Office 365, Miro, InVision, and Slack
- You are self-motivated and able to work well with a diverse group of people.
- You embrace ambiguity and malleable workflows
- You work with other designers and researchers in a collaborative environment
- You automotive dealership industry experience is a big plus
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Location: San Jose, CA
Job date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 08:49:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!