Job title: Lease Accountant (Accounts Receivable) – Commercial Real Estate
Job description: Lease Accountant / Accounts Receivable (Commercial Real Estate-CRE)
Requires: Minimum of two years’ experience with lease accounting/billing; familiar with MRI accounting software.
Our client is a successful, established commercial real estate firm that owns and operates properties including shopping centers, retail stores and warehouse/distribution centers.
The Lease Accountant/Accounts Receivable (CRE) role is responsible for tenant account administration services and operation, accounts receivable, database management, reporting and audit services.
Lease Accountant/Accounts Receivable CRE Responsibilities:
- Preparation and billing of yearly Common Area Maintenance (CAM), Tax and Insurance reconciliations;
- Maintaining lease abstracts and managing new tenants’ setup, renewal and amendment;
- Billing of monthly recurring charges;
- Post daily rent receivables, prepaid rents and rent adjustments
- Record security deposits, refunds, move-out adjustments, and tenant write-offs
- Applying tenants’ payments to their rent charges;
- Resolving tenant disputes, reaching out to them by phone, email, mail.
- Work closely with the Property Management and Legal departments.
- Coordinate lease renewals, expirations & terminations with Operations to ensure timely action is taken.
- Assist with reports pertaining to status of Real Estate transactions and department’s performance.
- Reviewing lease abstracts through careful review of tenant lease documentation and updating MRI accounting system in a timely manner.
- Create various MRI ad-hoc reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Calculate reimbursable expenses, additional expenses and generate monthly invoices.
- Reconcile and process recurring and one-time payments, rent roll changes, CPI or percentage rent adjustments, late fees and end-of-year reporting.
- Track expiration dates and notice provisions (i.e., turnovers, rent starts, defaults, evictions)
- Research and interpret tenant accounts and discuss any inquiries with internal and external parties
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with tenants and resolve tenant matters
Opportunity with a well-established CRE firm managing properties across the U.S. Small, friendly office team, family-oriented. Each team member is vital part of operations.
Lease Accountant/Accounts Receivable CRE Qualifications:
- 2-plus years of experience with real estate accounts receivable or lease accounting
- Knowledge of lease administration processes, lease terminology, and lease clauses; ability to interpret lease as it relates to tenant issues.
- 2-plus years of experience interacting and resolving issues with tenants
- Must have MRI accounting software experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred
- Needs to possess a highly developed sense of tenant relations and interpersonal skills including high integrity, respect for all individuals (tenants and staff), appreciation of diversity (thought, ethnic, gender, etc.), professionalism
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, problem-solving
- Proactive and passionate about quality service and tenant satisfaction
- Reliable, with consistent attendance, strong team player with the ability to work independently
- A high level of time management and organization skills, able to maintain accuracy of all numbers and documents while multi-tasking.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Location: Westwood, CA
Job date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 07:26:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!