Job title: Legal Secretary II Job
Company: Xcel Energy
Job description: Location(s): MN – Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Performs a variety of legal secretarial and administrative duties for attorney(s) under general supervision. Prepares and/or transcribes correspondence & other communication and complex legal documents. Organizes and maintains document and electronic files. Serves as liaison in person and by telephone between attorney and clients, outside counsel, etc. Assumes increasing levels of responsibility in order to lessen workload of attorney(s); relieves attorney(s) of administrative duties. Handles details and assignments of a complex nature within agreed upon limits. Handles highly confidential information. Knowledge of legal terminology required.
- Creates and edits complex legal documents including contracts, briefs, forms, and court and regulatory agency papers that must be technically accurate and complete. Prepares correspondence and other communications. Conducts special projects requiring research and report development including collection and analysis of data.
- Organizes, updates and maintains confidential files and other legal information management systems, ensuring information is readily available. Calendars and tracks time sensitive court and other dates. Assimilates data and other information from various sources.
- Serves as liaison in person and by telephone between attorney and clients, outside counsel, etc. Manages basic fact-finding projects and handles administrative problems and questions with limited supervision. Takes action during attorney(s) absence from office and exercises judgment to see that matters requiring attention are directed to appropriate department personnel or handled effectively.
- Schedules appointments and coordinates logistics for meetings and activities; maintains attorney’s calendar; prepares expense reports; makes travel arrangements and prepares detailed itineraries as needed. Performs general administrative duties including copying, faxing and distributing documents. Receives, sorts, redirects and prioritizes incoming mail.
- Actively seeks additional responsibility or tasks in order to lessen the workload of attorney(s) or the Law Department. Manages assigned activities on a proactive basis. Anticipates schedule, travel and other conflicts and resolves (or develops proposed solutions) on a timely basis. Develops solutions to issues/problems and presents such to attorney(s) and /or Legal Administrator. Performs other related duties as directed by attorney(s) and/or Legal Administrator.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a legal secretary in a corporate law department, law firm, or a government practice, or equivalent education and experience
- Working knowledge of legal terminology
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with initiative, accuracy and a high sense of urgency
- Excellent grammatical, punctuation and proofreading skills
- Ability to prioritize and have excellent attention to details
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Legal secretarial certificate
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN – Minneapolis || MN – Minneapolis || United States (US) || General Counsel || 80010:Deputy General Counsel || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $19.20 to $26.86 per hour
to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 28906
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at
Expected salary: $19.2 – 26.86 per hour
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:32:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!