Job title: Manager, Operations
Job description: Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Working Arrangement At Home
The Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of one or more customer support/operations teams. They will work on and lead departmental and enterprise-level initiatives and projects.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and industry regulations
- Day to day management of customer support/operations teams
- Develop business metrics to focus staff efforts and measure business results
- Evaluate workflow process for improvement opportunities
- Provide management support for escalated issues
- Support change management
- Represent team while interfacing with other business units and/or vendors
- Oversight of vendor interaction
- Ownership of business continuity process
- Coach team through training, skills development, objective setting, and performance measurement
- Ensure timely completion/accuracy of all teams’ responsibilities
- Understand metrics and formulate strategy through business needs and forecasting
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all key business partners
- Effectively communicate in all directions and levels in the organization with appropriate frequency and speed, know the language of the businesses and express ideas and values with clarity
- Understand gaps in business processes and formulate business cases for improvements
- Proactively drive improvements and synergies across teams
- Conduct regular team meetings
- Work on strategic initiatives to drive expense reduction and streamlined processes
- Develop employees and foster a positive working environment
- Promote and foster a customer-centric environment through coaching of staff
- Mentoring associates and future leaders
- Promote associate engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Lead department and enterprise-level projects and initiatives
- Participate in projects as needed
- Provide project resources as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a business-related field
- 1-3 years management experience
- 5-7 years industry experience
- Demonstrated passion for providing client-centric solutions
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in a multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to manage and implement complex projects
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including , , , , and . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact .
I I I I I
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 04:23:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!