Job title: Marketing Content Manager
Company: Dorman Products
Job description: Are you a car person who is also skilled and trained in effective communication and content development?
Are you an experienced content marketer, with a solid understanding of automobiles, seeking to run an award-winning multimedia team?
Are you generally passionate about technology and eager to go behind the scenes, dive into the details, and clearly communicate precise, technical information in an interesting and authentic way?
Dorman Products, a century-old, global automotive parts manufacturing firm headquartered in Colmar, Pennsylvania, wants to hire you as a Marketing Content Manager to tell the story behind our company and the solutions we provide. We want you to be independently driven to lead a team of writers and video producers and create effective, useful information for the people who use our products. We also want you to help us plan new initiatives to grow our audience of professional repair technicians and do-it-yourself automotive enthusiasts, from magazines to podcasts to online content hubs and more.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Manage day-to-day content operations, including creation of product descriptions, sales materials, promotional videos, instructional videos, brochures, magazines and other multimedia.
- Manage team of three people responsible for copywriting and video production, as part of larger Creative Team that also includes graphic designers, photographers and project managers.
- Help plan and produce effective content for new products in development.
- Help plan and produce effective communications initiatives to build our brand and deliver insightful information to our target audiences.
- Supervise onsite production work, such as video shoots in our on-site garage and testing laboratories in Colmar, PA.
- Assist in writing all forms of content, from video and audio scripts, to product descriptions and infographics, to articles and press releases.
- Edit and provide feedback on work produced by writers and videographers.
Education and/or Experience
- 7-10 years of full-time professional experience in marketing or writing, particularly at an ecommerce business, marketing agency, newspaper, magazine or B2B enterprise.
- A portfolio with at least five clips or case studies that demonstrate strong strategic thinking and creative precision.
- Demonstrated effectiveness promoting products or content using e-commerce platforms like Amazon and eBay, social platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn, analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Chartbeat, and email marketing services like MailChimp and AWeber.
- Proven ambition as a self-starter and passionate creator, either through independent projects like a personal blog or website, or freelance marketing and communications work done in addition to your fulltime career.
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidates must pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.
Location: Colmar, PA
Job date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 05:29:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!