Job title: Meeting Planner III
Company: US Tech Solutions
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Congress Account Manager
The role of the Business Services Group (BSG) Congress Account Manager (CAM) is to manage Global Congresses through successful project management, planning and delivery, while building strong working relationships with brand teams and medical affairs. This person will own the end-to-end delivery and execution of complex large scale congresses along with other meeting and event activities utilizing standard process and procedures to achieve team satisfaction.
- Communicate to the internal stakeholder the services and value proposition of BSG. Assist internal stakeholders to understand and conform to and industry guidelines and standards.
- Participate in the annual planning / budgeting process. Identify all congress activity and provide assistance as required in budgeting for this activity.
- Responsible for the preparation and tracking of budgets, throughout the lifecycle of each congress.
- Identify, quantify and report cost avoidance/savings measures on all congress elements.
- •Conduct ongoing Congress/Event Team Meetings. These meetings should be scheduled: Monthly (T-10 to T-7),Bi-Weekly (T-6 to Event Date, Conduct BSG Management Update Meeting
- After full spectrum of congress and all associated activities have been identified, staffing and resources should be assigned and verified for all housing, venues, F&B, for all associated congress, symposium and ancillary meeting activities.
- Manage creation and management of Micro-sites and event apps
- Oversee the completion of the invitation and attendee management process per congress and other related congress meetings, including attendee management reporting in Lanyon
- Travel on-site to conduct site inspections and oversee logistical suppliers and any internal staffing involved in congress activities. Manage all congress requirements and on-site staff.
- Attend client debrief post congress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred/ marketing / Advertising / Hospitality Industry preferred. Equivalent successful industry experience (6 years full time planning) can be considered.
- 7+ years of work experience
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines and knowledge of Project Management procedures.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Highly refined proactive and consultative skills along with attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in fast-paced, multi-project environment, and learn new information quickly.
- Work well as a team player, self-motivated, ability to problem solve independently and in team situation.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically, regulations and standards affecting the promotion of sales and marketing materials/samples and interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Good communication/presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Shows high level of initiative and ability to work independently
Internal Stakeholders (Brand teams for Global Marketing, US Commercial, GMA and Clinical)
- What are the top 3-5 skills requirements should this person have?
- Vendor/Stakeholder Management, Meetings and Events Experience, Organized and Detail-oriented
What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
- CMP, Congress/Convention experience
- What type of environment is this person working in? Quite interpersonal with interaction with various groups in coordination of events Combination of both and fast-paced
o Group setting
o Individual Setting
o Combination of both
- Work Schedule (Define days,# of hours)/ Is Overtime offered or required? If yes, how many hours, what impact to scheduled working hours? 8 – 5, M-F
- Does this position offer the ability to work remotely on a regular basis or is it an on-site role? If remote opportunity exists, what are the options (i.e. 1 day remote, 4 days on-site)? Remote until restrictions are lifted.
- Will there be Domestic and/or International Travel? If yes, list proposed countries and % of time traveling: Yes, both
Experience with Congress specifically as there are a lot more moving parts than general meeting planning, etc.
Being able to clearly communicate with stakeholders, while at the same time managing the vendors.
Give them guidance, we have this size booth at the show, being able to create a design for the booth in line with the stakeholders expectations. Communicate this clearly to both the stakeholder and the vendors.
Detail oriented – lots of moving parts, lots of TA’s in being able to organize back to back meetings in their brain as well as their files.
Experience with Congress is a plus.
Stakeholders are internal and work on global commercial booths, medical booths. Marketing managers, Scientific Managers.
Open to individuals with larger scale hotel, but not corporate events, but worked on meetings for hotel conferences. Oftentimes hotels have larger spaces they manager, maybe they have had experience an exhibit or exhibition hall.
Team works on a lot of the ancillary events that work at meetings. She may be more open to hotel meetings type of events. More logistical in nature, project management as well. There are facets of positions which is more logistical in nature. Hotel exhibit individual would be similar base skills.
If various clients would have been on an exhibition hall/floor with different exhibitors. Would say would love to see them perform in an actual exhibit.
Experience in actual exhibition is crucial.
Pharma background required –
When COVID is lifted, what % of travel and where would they be located. Global exhibits team. Most of booths executing are global. Kind of depends on time of year 60 – 70 % of time is travel. Jan/Feb may not travel at all, but other months could be back to back.
Travel would be both domestic and international. Be sure passport is set up and able to travel internationally as needed.
Spring and fall are busiest times for Congress’. They may have months without anything, but other timeframes are very busy with travel. 50% in more busy months. Hard to predict, as we do not know full schedule yet post COVID.
International travel is mainly Europe. Could be some in Asia, but not a lot.
If right demographic, this would not be a surprise to them, if the correct individual would be found.
Want to be sure they understand travel is required, and would not be more on the planning side.
Does it involve any vendor negotiation? No, not at all.
A lot of these folks come from Hospitality type degree programs.
- With Familiarity with PHRMA, CFR, Sunshine Act and global pharmaceutical requirements a plus
How often is this needed in these roles? A good meeting planner can look at a room and know how many people, how to fit things and layout and would rely
Job date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 04:25:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!