Job title: Merchandiser – ANN ARBOR MI
Company: Jacent Strategic Merchandising
Job description: Merchandiser
The Merchandiser role consists of an individual who can improve the consumer buying experience by creating merchandising solutions in their assigned stores. The retail merchandiser’s duties include but are not limited to cultivating relationships with in-store management, executing merchandising resets, building retail displays, and managing the merchandising of impulse items displayed on clip strips & j-hooks in specific areas of supermarkets. They are also responsible for the proper implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, void corrections, stock rotation, and building displays. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention to detail, and works well in independent situations. They must possess excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain store presentation standards through building displays, fixture installation, store sets, shelf maintenance, down stock, retrofits, inventory reconciliation, display maintenance, and POP installation
- Identify opportunities for incremental display space to drive volume goals
- Cover multiple stores daily on an assigned route
- Build relationships with business partners and store management
- Assist and monitor customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with supervisor on all significant initiatives (new product introductions, contests, etc.)
- Maintain full distribution and display of products on assigned accounts
- Understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times to ensure a safe work environment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with ability to schedule your time efficiently
- Competitive drive to succeed
- Available morning and afternoon hours, Monday-Friday
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to work efficiently with a high level of independence and initiative, self-motivated
- Problem-solving ability
- Detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to read and follow planograms and assemble store fixtures and displays
- Be a proactive, good problem solver, and possess excellent communication skills
- Have excellent time management skills and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines
Experience and Credentials
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience required
- Must be 18 or older
- 1 to 2 years previous merchandising, grocery or retail sales experience preferred
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds and be on feet for 3 to 8 hours
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have reliable access to a computer, internet and printer to use for company related business; like ordering, GPS tracking, and time recording
- Must be computer literate and able to operate a smart phone or tablet utilizing different applications and internet for company business, like ordering, GPS tracking, and time recording
- Must be able to read, speak and understand English
28 – 30 hrs/wk
**Competitive Hourly Rate**
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Job date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 06:06:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!