Job title: Mind/Body Practitioner
Company: Resources for Human Development
Job description: Description/Job Summary
The Mind Body Practitioner is responsible for providing holistic health services in the health center communities for patients and staff. They will work to create a healthy community where members are cared for with a broad approach that addresses the full depth of wellness with support around lifestyle modification. In addition, incumbent will nourish and nurture the health center communities and staff to create an environment of wellness and will be responsible for integrating complementary health and foundational wellness within the health center communities. They will work closely with all team members to ensure the effective integration of care.
Team members are expected to uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN’s commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
1. Develop, implement, assess, evaluate and report out on integrative health and wellness programs at. Responsible for regular newsletters and staff-stakeholder communication
2. Provide holistic health services, wellness workshops, stress management and complementary care education to health center patients and staff. Modalities and programs may include; Yoga, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Breathing Techniques, Guided Relaxation/ Meditation, Reiki, and Reflexology, Sound Bowls, Massage, etc.
a. Organize and facilitate in person and virtual classes and programs, recruit and manage guest facilitators as needed, identify program expansion opportunities, create and manage classes and calendar
b. Responsible for the internal and external communication and marketing of Mind/Body activities at designated site via multiple mediums (social media, video, email, print, networking, etc.)
3. Promote empirically supported health promotion, and educational services with an emphasis on person centered care with sensitivity to needs of the site population
4. Coordinate with all health care teams (e.g. Primary Care, Nutrition, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Behavioral Health, Dental and more) to integrate symptom and stress management techniques and programs. Interventions may include 1:1 check-ins as needed and group programs
a. Collaborate with other team members to assess and initiate body-mind integration treatment plans for patients with chronic pain and other stress related disorders
b. Co-facilitate groups with other department to support integration goals
5. Represent site on behalf of Mind Body and integrative activities locally and nationally through conferences, workshops and other meetings. Engage in outreach activities related to Mind/Body, i.e. guest teaching, off site events, partnerships, etc.
6. Explore and connect with complementary practitioners in the surrounding area for consideration and potential integration of new modalities and practitioners into the center’s practice. Attend continuing education trainings, remain current on modalities and certifications
7. Responsible for additional position developments within the Mind-Body department, including but not limited to development of program descriptions, oversight of hiring process, training, orientation and supervision of said positions. (i.e. interns, volunteers, MB staff, etc.)
8. Must have a creative, innovative and collaborative approach to developing and implementing programs that meet the needs of individual members and the community as a whole
9. Document visits in the Electronic Health Records
10. Collaborate and attend regular meetings with Mind/Body providers across the network
11. Attend regular supervision and planning meetings with supervisor
12. Additional duties as appropriate for role and Mind/Body program goals
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field
- Certified yoga instructor
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Experience with Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction or Mindfulness Meditation.
Prior experience in primary care preferred
Experience in program design and implementation and reporting
Desire to work with patients in a designated medically underserved community
Ability to work collaboratively/transdisciplinary with all health care community
Understanding of psychosocial impacts of health outcomes in underserved communities
Exhibits cultural competency and sensitivity, demonstrate commitment to cultivating an Anti-Racist work environment and learning about Trauma-Informed Care principles
Experience with Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction or Mindfulness Meditation
Program Summary Family Practice & Counseling Network is a network of health centers providing primary care, behavioral health education, prenatal care, family planning services, dental care, community outreach, and advocacy. The nurse-managed centers are primarily funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to serve public housing residents and surrounding communities. Primary care Certified Nurse Practitioners and licensed behavioral health professionals provide high quality care aimed at improving the health status of underserved, uninsured and vulnerable people. The health centers are located throughout the greater Philadelphia area.
Expected salary: $55000 – 57000 per year
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 23:25:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!