Job title: Mind-Body Therapist
Company: GBMC HealthCare
Job description: JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, provides supportive services to the patient/family unit of care. Creates customized non-pharmacologic treatment plans for patients, family and staff using mind-body techniques such as guided imagery, breath work and expressive arts to encourage well-being and self-care.
Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred; equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered. Formal training in mind-body medicine and/or palliative care preferred.
At least one year of experience using mind-body therapies in a patient care setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively engage patients and families in a constructive therapeutic relationship and to effectively collaborate with colleagues.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess patient needs and establish a plan of care under the supervision of an integrative palliative physician or nurse practitioner.
- Time management skills and discipline required to efficiently and effectively provide mind-body therapies.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete required professional documentation and correspondence.
- Ability to teach mind-body skills (e.g., guided imagery and breath work) to patients, families and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact effectively with patients and staff in an acute or high stress setting; ability to demonstrate sensitivity and awareness to the needs and privacy of patients and staff.
- Demonstrate a high level of patience and understanding in challenging or emotional situations.
If mind-body specialist has additional training (i.e. Reiki, Aromatherapy, Yoga, etc.) and plans to offer that modality, he/she needs to maintain the appropriate certifications (if recommended/required for that modality)
- There is potential for regular exposure to patients possessing infectious disease in the work environment. This role requires knowledge and observance of “Universal Precautions” by wearing gloves, goggles and mask as prescribed.
- Work is performed inside the organization’s offices; may provide services in the hospital, ED, and infusion centers.
Conditions of Employment
Must speak, write and understand English fluently
Conflict of Interest
Standard precaution policy and procedures are applicable to this job
Employee has knowledge and understanding of patient safety as it relates to the job duties N/A
Demonstrates competency in the delivery of care and applies the knowledge to meet age-specific needs
Not applicable Neonate / Infant Pediatric Adolescent Adult Geriatric
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job date: Wed, 11 May 2022 00:35:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!