Job title: Operations Department Manager
Company: DCS Corp
Job description: Job Description
Reporting to and collaborating with the Aviation and Maritime Technology Division Manager, the System Solutions and Program Control Department Manager will effectively manage their Department’s operations and grow their organizations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Apply well-defined management processes and concepts in oversight of an organization consisting of subordinate managers and individual contributors who today support Department of Defense customers.
- Ensure the organization performs effective project planning, execution and change processes to ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction and achievement of DCS and AMTD business goals. Assist in tracking and reporting status against financial goals.
- Be a strong Capture Manager for seized and assigned opportunities. Provide oversight of the Department’s Capture and Proposal activities, to include assigning roles for the Department’s Branch Managers, to achieve assigned annual business growth consistent with the goals of the DCS Strategic Plan.
- Develop a depth of understanding of systems engineering, software development, and evolving industry and DoD practices and solutions.
- Promote Department and Division capabilities and advantages with key civilian and military leaders.
- Identify and gain support of external stakeholders to achieve Department’s objectives.
- Recruit and retain subordinate managers to support current and anticipated projects. Perform mentoring, supervision, and evaluation of subordinates.
- Maintain morale in the Department. Oversee hiring, staff supervision, and capability and career development to retain a fulfilled workforce.
- Be an advocate and supporter of the DCS Quality Management System (QMS), responsible for QMS compliance with emphasis on QMS process improvement.
- The ideal candidate will work 75% directly on customer projects. Candidates not currently supporting Department contracts must either qualify for existing contract billets or have other sources of direct coverage.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
A High School Diploma or GED plus 18 years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree plus 10 years of experience is required.
Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearanace within 6-9 months.
Business development aptitude and customer-service talents.
Team leadership experience.
Promotes DCS with a positive, confidence-inspiring image.
Ability to manage a budget, meet established schedules, and complete assigned reviews and reports.
Proven, excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to a) provide positive and negative feedback, b) make a persuasive argument, c) describe in writing team processes and ideas.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, with local and distributed team members.
Ability to participate in Agile and SAFe focused software development methods and ceremonies.
Familiarity and experience with the Capability Maturity Model / Integration (CMMI).
Familiarity with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
Candidate is located near and will work out of the Lexington Park, MD office.
Job Requirements 4040
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Job date: Sun, 22 May 2022 02:43:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!