Job title: Operations Manager II – Account Transfers
Company: Royal Bank of Canada
Job description: What is the opportunity?
Join RBC Wealth Management, a 2021 Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal “Top Place to Work”, and shape RBC’s future!
As an Operations Manager II, you will lead a team of Operations Associates and direct their daily work flows to ensure department service levels are met. The Account Transfers team is responsible for the day-to-day outgoing account transfer process and also work with RBC’s branches and third parties to ensure a smooth and successful transfer in accordance with FINRA rules. You will provide training, coaching, development, process improvement, and problem solving for your team and act as a liaison to internal departments and RBC businesses.
If you have a proven leadership ability and want to grow your career, we want to hear from you!
What will you do?
- Supervise and direct daily work flows to ensure department service levels are met.
- Hire, onboard, and train new team members. Provide training, coaching, recognition and development for the team members, fostering teamwork and planning for succession.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for department processes supported by team. Liaise and provide customer service support for individuals requiring research, problem resolution, or securing information from other Operations departments, RBC Business Units, external customers or industry participants.
- Develop and maintain department procedures. Conduct operations process oversight to ensure adherence to department procedures, risks are mitigated, and regulatory requirements are met.
- Review exceptions to standard processing to ensure overall compliance with regulations, firm policies, and accepted business practices. Accurately review, verify, and/or record data into technology supporting department processes.
- Provide support with department volume metrics, staffing models, financial forecasts, and budgets as required.
- Reduce risk, increase efficiencies, or enrich customer service by suggesting process changes and/or system modifications. Participate in business requirement development, UAT testing, end-user training, and implementation support for enhancements and new firm initiatives for changing technology systems supporting department processes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree from an accredited university OR high school diploma with 5+ years of securities, banking, technology and/or job specific industry experience.
- At least 3 years of prior securities, banking, and technology and/or job specific related industry experience.
- Securities license 7 or 99 (or ability to obtain license within 120 days).
- Demonstrated and sound managerial experience leading and managing a team.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in business, finance or related field.
- 3+ years credit operations, project management, vendor management, analysis, and/or risk control experience.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .
Address: 60 South 6th Street
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular – U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 12/15/2021
Platform: Wealth Management
Req ID: 432042
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 08:54:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!