Job title: Operations Program Manager
Company: Collins Aerospace
Job description: The Operations Program Manager is responsible for Production Operations Management and oversight of various Reconnaissance and Targeting System Programs within the Texas Consolidated Manufacturing Center. This role is responsible for the overall cost, schedule, quality and execution of the respective programs. Responsibilities include operations leadership throughout the IPDS program life cycle, developing schedule plans, resource loading, and management of business performance metrics. The position will support the use of Earned Value Management (EVMS), Estimate at Completion (EAC) and variance analysis for the respective programs. The role will require frequent involvement in the proposal strategy and pricing development process, working alongside program managers and the cost estimating team. The position interacts daily with program management, functional resources, and CMC Factory to ensure production goals are met.
Specific tasks include:
- Daily interfacing between RTS PMO and CMC Factory on status and progress of programs
- Accountable for monitoring, reporting, and driving overall improvements in cost and schedule performance thru HPU analysis, yield improvement projects, daily schedule progress/TAKT, coordination of resources, etc
- Responsible for planning, coordination, and communication of schedule requirements/changes on new and existing contracts to stakeholders
- Support Program and Customer reviews on status and program performance
- Interact daily with the program and factory management to understand and resolve any issues and constraints impacting performance of program
- Identify Risks and Opportunities to Estimates at Complete (EAC) and develop mitigation/capture plans
- Develop and track metrics in support of the Program Office and CMC Leadership
- Coordinate proposal activities including HPU analysis supporting proposal kick-offs, cost roll-ups, risks & opportunities, gate and management reviews.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on program and/or project management experience, to include a combination of operations/ manufacturing, production operations, earned value management systems, cost and schedule tracking, EACs, risk and opportunity management.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Experience with manufacturing planning/scheduling, and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Must be proficient in and be able to perform material demand analysis, determine product build status
- Broad knowledge of production business systems, engineering, manufacturing, and financial systems is required.
- Experience with the implementation, management, planning, and engineering efforts associated with a manufacturing organization.
- Experience with MS Excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Experience leading proposal strategy, Basis of Estimate development and an understanding of business finance.
- Experience utilizing Six Sigma and lean manufacturing tools
- Prior experience in a Defense related industry.
- Experience with Raytheon processes such as IPDS, EVMS, EACs, R6S, SAP, Apex, and CMES.
- A working knowledge of manufacturing metrics used to manage operations
- Program Management, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Blackbelt certification is desired
- Factory analysis and optimization skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering, Math, Science or a related discipline and 2 years experience
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Location: McKinney, TX
Job date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 04:05:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!