Job title: Painter – Plant Engineering & Maintenance, Full Time, Evenings
Company: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Job description: Company Description
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located at Lake Forest Hospital. Schedule is Sunday through Wednesday, 11a-9:30p. This is a non union role.**
The Painter reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Complete assigned work orders and PM orders to prolong the use of and provide for a pleasing appearance of the hospital.
- Inform the charge person of the unit requesting the service of the status of their request. If the service cannot be completed immediately follow-up to ensure the service is completed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Control and complete assigned work orders/PM orders upon completion of the requested work and return to the Lead Painter at the end of each work day.
- Inform the Lead Painter of needs for supplies and parts necessary to maintain shop responsibilities.
- Properly prepares walls, interior railings, ceilings for painting.
- Paint walls, ceilings, and interior accessories.
- Prepare and install wall coverings.
- Install a variety of floor coverings for smaller jobs and maintain/repair flooring for the entire facility.
- Police and clean up the job site upon completion of the task.
- Prepare and install ceramic wall tile surfaces as required.
- Prepares and paints a variety of external structures to preserve the life of the structure and enhance the appearance of the facilities.
- On occasion will perform primary security functions as defined in Security Officer job description.
- Performs Lead Painter responsibilities in the absence of Lead Painter.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4 years of specialized or technical training, or equivalent
- 4 years in an apprentice program with commercial painting contractor
- CPI Certified
- Completion of trade school apprenticeship program with a license commercial painting contractor
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Location: Lake Forest, IL
Job date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 23:13:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!