Job title: Payroll Accountant – Costpoint 15244758
Company: Cordia Resources
Job description: Our client, a $500M+ government Contractor in Alexandria, VA, is seeking a Payroll Accountant. This is a hybrid position (Alexandria, VA) with compensation in the range of $75,000 -$85,000.
- $500M+ government Contractor in Alexandria, VA
- They are doing very well, and plan to be $1B+ in the near future
- They use Costpoint and UltiPro- nether required, both preferred.
- Joins a team of 4 others-who report into hiring manager.
- They are changing some employees to semi-monthly to weekly timesheets – adding another process
- This position is processing for 175 employees
- Timesheets and bi-weekly payroll processing
- They are remote for foreseeable future-end of summer. Hybrid after that in future
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Process weekly timesheets and labor posting. Process bi-weekly leave accruals and payroll.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports. Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Execute Time and attendance processing and interface with payroll. Process manual checks, timesheet and payroll corrections, bonuses, etc.
- Process new employee set-ups, terminations and employee deduction and status changes.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- High School Diploma/GED plus 6 years of payroll experience is required.
- CPP preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices. Strong knowledge of federal payroll regulations. Knowledge of Florida payroll regulations a plus. Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Working knowledge of CostPoint, Deltek T & E and UltiPro. Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
Expected salary: $75000 – 85000 per year
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 05:54:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!