Job title: Payroll Accountant
Company: CareMount Medical
Job description: Description :
Assists Payroll Manager with various accounting, analysis, and reporting functions in accordance with the departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
· Interact with employees and department heads on payroll matters
- Maintaining sub-ledgers:
- Works closely with the Payroll Manager in maintaining sub-ledgers and account reconciliations supporting G/L accounts, including:
- All Payroll Liability Accounts
- Float Accounts
- External reporting
- Works closely with the Payroll Manager to maintain the report of internal and external financial reporting deadlines and the status of reports
- NYS Quarterly
- US Census Report of Organization
- And Various other agencies
- Performing account analyses:
- Assist the Payroll Manager with monthly analysis of operating results and variances between actual and budgeted results
- Assist with Month-End Closing:
- Working closely with the Payroll Manager, to assist with month close where needed
- Bi-Weekly Payroll Entries
- Inter-Company Entries
- All reclass journal entries for interdepartmental transfers
- Works closely with the Payroll Manager in developing accounting policies and procedures
- Supports external audits and creating accrual-basis financial statements for ASCW anually
- Prepares and posts journal entries, as required
- Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications and Education:
- Proficient in Excel
- Skill in use of computer and calculator.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers as a team member.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Five years of experience with payroll desirable but not required
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for two years of payroll experience.
Typical physical demands:
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Working in office environment.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Working under stress and use of telephone required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
- Occasional evening work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Skills : Reporting: Intermediate
Problem Solving: Intermediate
MS Excel: Intermediate
Behaviors : Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Location: Chappaqua, NY
Job date: Sun, 02 May 2021 07:42:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!