Job title: Payroll Analyst – US
Job description: The Payroll Analyst role within the Global Payroll team is above all a team-oriented position. Expectations are to build relationships internally and externally, collaborating with cross-functional teams (vendor, benefits, human resource/knowledge center, accounting, employee and other key business partners).
The successful individual will have a solid understanding of payroll related matters, including key compensation, benefit and taxation plans within the area they oversee. A key responsibility is the preparation and management of internal payroll information to external providers in an accurate and timely manner. Exposure to working within a multinational environment and technical expertise with the Workday human capital management system is a plus.
- Collection and processing of transactional payroll data
- Audit of payroll registers and standard reports determining accuracy and communicating corrections to vendor or partner
- Resolve intermediate-level questions and issues surfacing from interactions with key partners
- Strong adherence to deadlines – ensuring accurate and timely payroll
- Ensure accuracy of employee and/or employer contributions for statutory requirements (tax or benefits)
- Analyze, approve, audit HCM system (Workday) data
- Monitors vendor partners to ensure optimum service
- Support leave documentation
- Track and update process documentation materials as directed
- Prepare monthly reports as required
- Respond to internal and external audit requests as directed by supervisor
- 1-2 years of payroll experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (may substitute with additional work experience)
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in Excel and Word
- Superior customer service skills
- Basic/Novice skills in audit
- Ability to multitask (manage and prioritize workloads) and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Team player who can work with varying levels of staff in multiple locations
- Solid knowledge of HR/Payroll systems
- Strong attention to detail and effective planning, organizational, and analytical skills
- Proactive troubleshooting, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in written and verbal English
- Be accountable to team members for agreements and promises; own responsibilities and duties
- Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide opportunity to learn new skills
- Technical expertise with human capital management system (Workday)
- Experience with a multinational company
- Expertise in processing payroll in multiple states
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated base salary range for this role would be between $46,000 and $63,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Expected salary: $46000 – 63000 per year
Location: Englewood, CO
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 23:33:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!