Job title: Payroll Analyst
Job description: Requisition ID: 280957
Work Area: Human Resources
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
This position is responsible for the execution of HR Payroll processes and transactions according to documented procedures within the HR Global Service Delivery Organization. The main function of this role operates as part of the overall Payroll team, and supports all the facets of the daily operations of the entire payroll cycle. As a member of the organization you will have the opportunity to interact daily with employees, managers and the HR organization with inquiries through SAP ticketing system, Call center; and walk ins as well as work on special ad-hoc projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility includes payroll preparation, processing, Payroll tax reconciliation, reporting, Audits and payroll systems maintenance.
- Responsible for the accuracy of flow of payroll postings to the general ledger.
- Manage Tax exceptions and assist with state tax registration.
- Ensure the accuracy of approved field reported time via multiple systems/interfaces
- Support all facets of the daily operations of the entire payroll cycle.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend solutions for systemic issues that relate to the payroll and the time & leave entry processes.
- Test system changes, enhancements, and upgrades related to payroll. Design test procedures, define test scenarios, and perform tests to resolve problems or improve process controls
- Support special payroll projects and assignments as required.
- Identify and resolve complex problems with logic and reasoning skills.
- Communicate briefly, clearly, and effectively in writing and verbally.
- Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Focus on high priority items when dealing with multiple issues
- Remain focused on high priority items in stressful, demanding situations.
- Respond to employee inquiries and request regarding payroll matters in a timely manner.
- 3 plus years working experience in US Payroll required. Canada Payroll is preferred not required.
- Working with external vendors.
- High volume payroll processing.
- Knowledge in one or more of these areas: general HR, Benefits, Compensation, Staffing, Accounting, Employee Relations, Tax.
- SAP HCM experience is preferred.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Human Resources required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- CPP certification is preferred.
- Must exhibit professional maturity.
- Customer Service Focus and Orientation.
- Proficiency with desktop software including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Location: Maryland – Newtown Square, PA
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:28:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!