Job title: Payroll Assistant
Job description: Company Name: Kroger
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for processing payroll for associates on the Kermit payroll system. Responsibilities include answering phone calls and emails from associates, stores and division personnel. Organization will be important as well as the ability to multi-task in order to meet strict deadlines.
Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Input and balance payroll earnings and deductions for assigned divisions.
- Process stock adjustments, online stop pays, and replacement checks for assigned divisions.
- Process payments for union dues, better government, political action and united way.
- Complete Check Reconciliation and balance selected general ledger accounts for assigned divisions.
- Work Call Center – Infra Tickets as assigned.
- Respond to payroll questions from division and store associates.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Personal computer experience, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of management, including division and store associates.
- Self-motivated and able to perform job responsibilities with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Physical ability to access all necessary files.
Desired Previous Job Experience/Qualifications:
- General knowledge of basic accounting, with knowledge of KAS or other general ledger systems preferred.
- Payroll experience, with knowledge of KERMIT or other payroll systems helpful but not required.
Education Level: None
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Keywords: HR, Human Resources, Wichita
Jobs at Kroger Accounting Services: At KASH, we service Kroger’s internal customers in accounting and human resource functions. We perform accounting functions for Kroger’s Supermarket and Convenience Store Fuel Centers, Third Party Pharmacies, and Kroger’s private label charge card. In our Human Resource Shared Services Center, we support the Kroger divisions with payroll processing, garnishments, leave of absence, time and attendance, and interpreting contracts into our database. We also staff an imaging center where we digitize all paper files for the company. We employ over 300 associates at KASH, and offer competitive wages, benefits, and room for career advancement.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS || Hutchinson || 2700 E 4Th Ave || 67501 || Kroger || None || Customer Service; Human Resources; Kroger Support Center; Shared Services || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Location: Hutchinson, KS
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:09:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!