Job title: Payroll Supervisor/Manager/Director
Company: Robert Half
- Provide strong oversight of weekly/bi-weekly US, Canada and Australian payroll directing the collection, calculation, maintenance, and review of payroll for office and field employees ensuring an accurate and timely payroll.
- Assess and facilitate payroll system upgrades and enhancements as needed.
- Cross-train and delegate responsibilities to the payroll staff including supervision of prevailing wage.
- Ensure current practices are compliant with federal, state and local legal requirements by keeping up to date with existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Respond to confidential questions from employees regarding paychecks, direct deposits, tax deductions, and/or general payroll questions, researching/problem solving any discrepancies.
- Work closely with Human Resource team to ensure employee records and changes thereof (e.g., hire dates, termination dates, adjustments to wages, change in departments, etc.) are implemented timely and accurately.
- Lead process improvement efforts including introduction of new technology to ensure processes are current best practices.
- Responsible for developing payroll personnel to meet their full potential and ensure overall department capabilities meet current organizational requirements.
- Review/audit payroll registers for completeness and accuracy in relation to internal procedures and external laws for approximately 1,200 employees in multiple state and countries
- Mentor payroll team members, elevate the entire payroll group, ensure workload balance and full utilization, and track results by counseling, planning and appraising.
- Review and reconcile payroll journal entries and general ledger accounts.
- Create and maintain wage and time reports to provide ad hoc analysis for business unit management, bonus and incentive calculations, and year end payouts.
- Continuously work closely with employees, management, vendors and customers to improve relationships while ensuring accuracy of reporting and pay.
- Lead in suggesting/initiating new process improvements to better the organization and team while being aligned with the company’s core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in business or accounting.
- 7 – 10 years of multi-state payroll experience, with a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Extensive knowledge of ADP Workforce Now proficiency required. Experience with Canada and/or Australia a plus
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Excel is used heavily. Strong skills in Excel are required including advanced sorting, VLOOKUP, and pivot tables. Must be willing to supplement their excel skills through on-line tutorial training.
Expected salary: $80000 per year
Location: Crete, IL
Job date: Sun, 02 May 2021 07:04:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!