Job title: Pharmacist – Inpatient
Company: Swedish Health Services
Job description: Swedish Medical Center is calling an Inpatient Pharmacist (Per Diem, Variable Shift) to work at First Hill campus in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a detail focused, caring, and thoughtful individual in Pharmacy care, promoting the goals and upholding the ideals of Swedish Medical Center in providing excellent care and experience for our diverse patient population. This position is a member of a multi-disciplinary team and is responsible for assuring safe, efficient, cost-effective drug therapy for all patients.
In this position you will:
- Evaluate provider medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability and make recommendations for therapy changes as appropriate
- Evaluate patient electronic medical records to include appropriate current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and laboratory data, and concurrent medications (including over-the-counter and home therapies)
- Collaborate with the healthcare team to provide clinical and technical support as needed
- Document relevant communication with physicians, nurses, other members of the healthcare team, patients and their family members in the electronic medical record
- Provide cost-effective, evidence-based pharmaceutical care that includes therapeutic drug monitoring, pharmacokinetic evaluation, drug utilization review, use of collaborative drug therapy agreements and drug therapy guidelines
- Provide discharge transitions of care services to our high-risk patients
- Respond to pharmaceutical inquiries from patients, medical personnel, and pharmacy staff
- Oversee activities and assign projects to residents, interns and other pharmacy personnel
- Maintain responsibility for handling incoming provider calls and collaborating to resolve issues
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy
- Current license to practice as registered pharmacist in the State of Washington
- Ability to accurately check the compounding of IV admixtures, TPN, other parental and unit dose drugs
- Ability to follow a collaborative drug therapy agreement (CDTA) and pharmacy drug therapy guidelines for all relevant pharmacy services
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in hospital inpatient pharmacy with a focus in adult critical care patient populations
- ASHP-accredited PGY-1 residency or equivalent experience
- Board certification in an applicable specialty
About the Swedish First Hill Campus:
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 06:34:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!