Job title: Plant High Voltage Battery Engineer, Vehicle Development
Company: Lucid Motors
Job description: Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid is looking for the next Plant High Voltage Battery Engineer, Vehicle Development!
- Support all aspects of High Voltage systems manufacturing.
- Collect, maintain and report out on a range of product assembly metrics.
- Troubleshoot all HV voltage issues with the manufacturing team.
- Ensure the product designs are assembled with the highest possible quality.
- Provide input from current builds for future product development processes.
- Maintain high standards for facility cleanliness and understand its impact on build quality.
- Advise on build process development and possible improvements.
- Drive build quality issues to closure, by working cross-functionally with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and logistics.
- Engineering degree in mechanical or automotive, MS preferred.
- 5 years automotive experience in design and release and/or vehicle attributes.
- Experience in automotive manufacturing plants OEM or Tier1
- Previously participated in prototype builds or launch events.
- Knowledge of HV battery packs, Chargers and DC to DC components, software flashing, including troubleshooting.
- Experience with automotive-grade adhesives, plastics, cooling systems, and metal components.
- Experience with DFMEA and PFMEA.
- Excellent communicator.
- Regular Travel is required between the factory in Casa Grande, AZ and Engineering HQ in Newark, CA
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered. To submit for your medical or religious exemption, please complete our secure form here. Once reviewed, a member of our employee relations team will reach out to you with a determination.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Job date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 03:35:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!