Job title: Plumber/Pipe Fitter
Company: Gallo Mechanical
Job description: JOB SUMMARY:
The Plumber/Pipe Fitter lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping and piping systems and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial processing systems in commercial, industrial, and residential building. Project Focus Areas include: Higher education, k-12, hospitals, hotels, government, other institutional campuses or facilities.
- Reads studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blueprints to gain understanding of work to be done.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials needed for each job.
- Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions and to make sure holes cut out for pipe will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cuts, grinds, threads and bends pipe according to job specifications.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal and non-metal pipe and fittings.
- Joins pipe and secures to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers.
- Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years as a pipe fitter with experience in commercial plumbing; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience.
- Uses basic math skills including geometry and trigonometry to make calculations for work.
- Ability to read and utilize Pipefitter s Blue Book.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 pounds.
About Gallo Mechanical
Gallo Mechanical is a top-tier mechanical construction and service provider headquartered in New Orleans. Gallo Mechanical LLC is built on a bedrock foundation of dedication to family, service and performance. The company, a 75-year locally-grown family operation, is deeply invested in finding the best way to both serve and grow the community in which they live and work. As they have grown over the last seven and a half decades, Gallo Mechanical has sought to ensure that their focus remains in reinvesting in their community through both the work they carry out and the opportunities that they provide.
Our number one focus will always be our people. Gallo Mechanical welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it s reflected in our diverse community. Gallo Mechanical is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to administering personnel actions, including hiring, training, promoting and compensating its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Location: Pensacola, FL
Job date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 23:27:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!