Job title: Plumber-Plant Operations-Full Time-Day-MSQ
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center
Job description: Job Description:
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lays out, assembles, alters, removes, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixture systems such as sanitary, acid-resistant, heating, drainage, oxygen, vacuum, compresses air, nitrous oxide, standpipe, sprinkler systems, boilers, high and low pressure steam, water supply and other systems, as well as equipment attached.
- Performs pipe fitting duties; cuts holes in walls, floors and ceilings to gain access to piping; threads, welds, brazes or solders piping systems; properly supports, fastens and insulates piping systems; codes pipes. Installs pipe flanges, gaskets, and bolts into place. Makes up piping installations, including elbows, couplings, valves and other fittings.
- Installs, changes and repairs traps, hand-operated, solenoid or motorized valves and controls. Cleans drain lines and sanitary lines; removes blockages. Installs or replaces lavatories, water closets, tubs, shower stalls, slop sinks, grease traps and other equipment.
- Makes hydrostatic and other pressure tests and makes necessary repairs or replacements to keep all systems in efficient working condition. Opens clogged drains with plunger or hand and/or power driven plumber’s snake; replaces washers in faucets. Traces and locates service lines as required; reads blueprints. Makes regular inspections of systems as assigned.
- Performs related duties such as minor carpentry, plastering and painting in connection with plumbing work. Where plumbing work results in major damages to finishes, reports such damage to Foreman.
- Education Requirements: High School or Trade/ Vocational School diploma specializing in plumbing or completion of a training program recognized by BIMC.
- Experience Requirements: Minimum of 5 years experience in plumbing. Use basic specialized technical skills to perform work, general mechanical skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Location: Long Island City, Queens, NY
Job date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 05:05:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!