Job title: Principal Architect, Data
Job description: Description :
COME BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH PRESIDIO!
We know technology is the key to success in a connected world. The innovative solutions we provide our clients can unlock possibilities that transform their business. While technology permits that connection, technology without imagination and ingenuity cannot be effective. At Presidio, we know that it’s our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
Principal Architects are thought leaders who perform consultative discovery of the client’s business goals, objectives and challenges and then translate them into effective enterprise architectures. They perform Assessments, Strategy and Roadmap workshops and discuss opportunities for customers to leverage technologies to achieve business outcomes. Principal Architects consult with our customers on their IT and Business requirements to understand the current technology landscape in order to define a desired end state enterprise architecture and roadmap to achieve that end state.
Presidio is hiring a Principal Architect to work with top-tier customers and promote Cloud Adoption and Migration. As a Principal Architect, you will partner with customers, Presidio Sales and several other Presidio teams to create solutions that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of Cloud services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The Principal Architect is a technical role – you must be broadly competent across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, DevOps, databases, application development, analytics) and deep in at least 1 of those areas. On the business side, the ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical. The Principal Architect will spend a large portion of their time interacting with several customer stakeholders, including developers, team leads, engineering directors, and CxOs. In this role we expect our Principal Architect to be customer-obsessed and be able to establish themselves as Trusted Advisor to our customers.
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of Cloud and Cloud-Native Strategies
- As a key member of the sales cycle, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software, and services on Cloud platforms
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Cloud, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already operating in Cloud
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solutions architect community
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals and key stakeholders within customer organizations to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support
Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of systems engineering, cloud engineering, or software development/architecture experience
- Experience with AWS data services such as Redshift, EMR, Kinesis
- AWS Services and Solutions, other cloud providers are a plus
- Experience with Snowflake
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience architecting/operating Cloud solutions in complex enterprise environments
- Experience in presales and working with the large and complex customer environment
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Demonstrated thought leadership through publications and public speaking
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP), and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading global IT solutions provider assisting clients in harnessing technology innovation and simplifying IT complexity to digitally transform their businesses and drive return on IT investment. Our Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions enable our almost 7,000 middle market, enterprise, and government clients to take advantage of new digital revenue streams, omnichannel customer experience models, and the rich data insights generated by those interactions.
We serve as an extension of our clients’ IT teams, providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core business. Within Presidio’s 40+ US offices and offices in Ireland, London, Singapore, and India, we support 2,800+ professionals, including 1,600 technical engineers. Presidio is a trusted advisor to our clients on a national level while also bringing our global scale and expertise to bear.
For more information visit:
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to .
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies/3rd Parties may not solicit to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received from any Agency/3rd Party will be considered a gift and property of Presidio, unless the Agency/3rd Party is an Authorized Vendor of Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by Presidio Talent Acquisition. No payment will be made to any Agency/3rd Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in recruitment efforts for Presidio.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 03:12:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!