Job title: Principal Architect
Job description: When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The Tier 2 (T2) Shared Services organization of Verizon Business Group (VBG) is a team of solutions architects with deep domain expertise. Our mission is to provide integrated thought leadership to our clients, sales teams and product leaders that result in transformative solutions and products. Our team creates a sustained competitive advantage in the marketplace for VBG by projecting depth, vision and execution unmatched by the competition.
Verizon Business Group is looking for a Principal Architect with expertise in enterprise networking for Campus (WLAN/LAN) and Data Center (SDDC / Cisco ACI) to function as a tier 2 design leader for our entire customer facing organization. You will be among our highest individual contributor roles and have a special focus on scaling our business in Network as a Service, intelligent networking and application enablement, to drive excellence in solutions development, growth of our network, managed services, CPE, related professional services, and tight collaboration with our Security Architect team. You will lead opportunity closure on our most important and complex opportunities through strategic engagement with the different segments, cross-functional teams, and industry partners.
- Qualify opportunities for more effective T2 technical architecture support to field-based technical teams.
- Interface directly with client personnel at all levels as required to provide consistent, high quality technical support and to develop sales/service opportunities.
- Accelerate strategic service solutions bundles focused on network/security.
- Lead solution strategy and development to win the largest, most complex deals in the networking space.
- Provide regular market insights, drivers and customer feedback to our partner organizations for product and technology positioning and enhancements.
- Identify compelling use cases, repeatable solutions and partnerships that can be scaled across all segments to drive growth.
- Establish technology frameworks and best practices to maximize speed to market and operational supportability.
- Participate in executive briefings and customer presentations.
- Consistently share successes and expertise across the SA community.
- Provide timely market information, drivers and customer feedback to our partner organizations for product and technology positioning and enhancements.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience selling telecommunications solutions in network, security, systems integration, or managed IT services.
- Six or more years of experience in Data, IP Services, and IoT.
- Six or more years of experience in Managed Network Services / Security Solutions.
- Six or more years of experience in Cloud & Virtualized Services including NFV, SDN, SDWAN, NaaS, SASE.
- Six or more years of experience IT Applications Management.
- Leadership role with accountability for end to end delivery (i.e. Solutions Architect, Sales Engineer, Service Delivery Architect).
- Architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT and/or telecom-based products and service (Network/Security/IoT).
- Delivering customer presentations and preparing customer-facing material such as RFP responses, proactive proposals and network/system designs.
- Experience with WLAN & LAN including design, trends, and architecture.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of TOGAF and/or ITIL standards for architecture and delivery.
- Experience with financial analysis (P&L, ROI, cost analysis, business case development, etc.)
- Current industry certifications in one or more of the following Cisco, Meraki, Palo Alto, HP Aruba, Juniper Mist, Checkpoint, AWS, GCP, Azure, Equinix.
- Experience in one or more of the network automation techniques: Python, Ansible, JSON, Terraform, Rest API’s and API Gateways, and other related technologies.
- Two or more years hands-on experience with designing and implementing data center solutions using Cisco ACI technology.
- Experience in sales or service of Fortune 500 companies.
- Integration experience with cloud services – AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Ability to exhibit proactive, consultative technical thought leadership — having a specific point of view and having the credibility and confidence to share it with customers.
- Strong collaboration and communication competencies across cross-functional stakeholder organizations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 03:38:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!