Job title: Principal – Elementary
Company: West Ada School District
Job description: Promote the educational development of each student toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, social, and psychological growth and maturation.
This position supervises all personnel serving in the assigned school through several components: creates a positive school climate where teachers, students, parents and principal work together as a team; participates in the selection, supervision and evaluation of school personnel; and assumes responsibility for placement of students in classrooms. The elementary principal serves as the school’s instructional leader; leads in the development, determination of appropriateness, and monitoring of the instructional program; and assists in the development of district curriculum and monitoring curriculum implementation at the building level. Responsibilities also include providing purposeful and meaningful staff development opportunities, assisting staff to improve their performance, organizing and administering the school’s public relations program, preparing and administering the school budget and supervising school finances, and supervising the maintenance of all required records and reports. The principal will serve as a member of such committees and attend such meetings as the superintendent shall direct; conduct regular staff meetings, keeping members informed of policy, procedures and programs; keep the superintendent informed of the school’s activities and needs; and work closely with central administrative staff on district matters including transportation, special services, food service, budget planning and facility maintenance. It is the duty of the principal to provide for supervision and safety of students at all times; implement a policy of discipline that allows the school to function smoothly within an atmosphere of mutual respect; implement and supervise the school’s special education program; and exhibit common sense and good judgment in decision-making. In addition, the principal will attend such conventions, conferences and training sessions as are necessary to keep abreast of changes and trends in all areas relating to this position, and will assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the District Superintendent or Board of Trustees.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with others: contribute to the development of a positive school climate;
- Accept a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned;
- Abide by the Code of Ethics for the Teaching Profession as established by the Idaho State Board of Education, the Board Policies and procedures of the District and the terms and provisions of the Standard Teachers’ Contract;
- Compliance with the requirements of Idaho Code with regard to teacher conduct, including but not limited to the manner in which suspected instances of child abuse or suspected student suicidal tendencies are addressed;
- Adhere to confidentiality with regard to student information;
- Attend faculty meetings and conferences and participate in in-service activities and other professional growth opportunities;
- Establish and maintain good working habits including punctuality;
- Implement the beliefs, mission statement, objectives and parameters of the District’s strategic plan.
- Must possess a current Idaho Administrator’s Certificate with endorsement as a school principal;
- Must have three years successful teaching experience;
- Capable of accomplishing identified Performance Responsibilities;
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in English, including both verbal and written communication with peers, supervisors, patrons, parents/guardians, and students;
- Ability to read and understand work related materials;
- Able to accomplish simple mathematical concepts including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division;
- Ability to observe and monitor student activities and conduct throughout the instructional day.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal conversation and to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person;
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work and assessments, prepare and review documents, and organize documents and materials;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to perform repetitive hand/wrist/arm motions and to operate a computer and office equipment, and to occasionally physically restrain a student to keep him/her from harming self or others;
- Sufficient personal mobility, flexibility, and balance, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in an office environment, lifting or moving objects that weigh up to 25 lbs.;
- Job tasks require, with or without reasonable accommodation, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping;
- Must have a valid Idaho Driver’s license and a vehicle to drive and/or must provide own transportation for job related activities.
Yearly by supervisor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined by calendar year.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- If you are chosen for this position your employment with the District would be “at will”. Employment at Will means that the employee or the District may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time.
- As per Idaho Code 65-5-1/65-503: “Eligible veterans are provided advantages in public employment in Idaho…”
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 07:59:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!