Job title: Principal Health Economics & Outcomes Researcher
Job description: PRINCIPAL HEALTH ECONOMICS AND OUTCOMES RESEARCHER
As the market leader in spinal implants, robotics and navigation, the Cranial and Spinal Technologies (CST) Operating Unit is redefining cranial and spinal procedures to reduce variability and improve outcomes with the goal of restoring long-term quality of life for more patients. We are the first company to offer an integrated solution that includes artificial intelligence-driven surgical planning, personalized spinal implants, and robotic-assisted surgical delivery to make patient care more customized.
Join a diverse team of innovators who bring their worldview, their unique backgrounds, and their individual life experiences to work every day. It’s no accident —we work hard to cultivate a workforce that reflects our patients and partners. We believe it’s the only way to drive healthcare forward and remain a global leader in medical technology and solutions.
Careers That Change Lives
The Principal Health Economics and Outcomes Researcher will be a critical leader on the Cranial & Spinal Technologies (CST) Health Economics, Policy and Reimbursement (HEPR) team. S/he will develop and secure support for, and implement a vision for HEOR excellence to optimize the economic value of the CST portfolio. S/he will forge close cross-functional working relationships with marketing, clinical affairs, R&D, BD, pricing, and other functions across the business. Working collaboratively, the Principal Health Economics and Outcomes Researcher will facilitate the understanding and prioritization of HEOR needs, develop appropriate HEOR analysis and tools to address those needs, and direct both in-house and outsourced execution of the HEOR plan. To achieve these goals, s/he will develop a deep understanding of CST products, policy and reimbursement impacts, and the types of evidence that are appropriate for supporting the CST Operating Unit priorities.
A Day In The Life
- Designs and implements observational and economic research studies that provide value, perspective and evidence for clinical and/or pre-clinical product portfolio decisions, marketing, and product reimbursement strategies;
- Synthesizes the evidence supporting the value of CST products and therapies using clinical, economic, and quality of life outcomes data from clinical trials, prospective studies, registries, cost effectiveness analyses (including models), surveys and meta-analyses;
- Ensures relevant data points are integrated into cost-effectiveness models, budget impact models, discrete event simulation models and clinical trials to support future evidence-based economic value messages;
- Identifies evidence gaps and suggest plans for filling evidence needs via post-clinical activities, educational activities, health economics and outcomes research activities;
- Facilitates meetings with health care professionals, economic consultants and senior internal personnel as required to support strategic development or tactical implementation;
- Acts as a member (core or extended) of clinical study and project teams to insure appropriate inclusion of economic stakeholder needs;
- Partners with reimbursement, clinical and medical affairs colleagues on the development and translation of evidence into abstracts, manuscripts and materials for the field.
Must Have; Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 7 years of health economic modeling, outcomes research and publication experience
- Or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of health economic modeling, outcomes research and publication experience.
Nice To Have
- PhD or Masters Degree in a Scientific/Health/Economic Discipline;
- Experience with device-collected or app-collected data;
- Demonstrated excellence in economic modeling, outcomes research and publication;
- Demonstrated knowledge in the analysis, synthesis, and presentation of complex data from multiple sources;
- Familiarity with musculoskeletal therapeutic area;
- Skilled at programming in SAS, R, Stata, and/or platforms to analysis healthcare specific data (e.g. Instant Health Data);
- Project management experience; demonstrated consultative mindset;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization;
- Proven relationship-building and maintaining skills with internal and external stakeholders including physician customers, hospital administrators or payers;
- Proven ability to strategically manage a portfolio of projects or initiatives with high business acumen;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex analytical techniques in a way that is understandable by non-quantitative audiences.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
A commitment to our employees lives at the core of our values. We recognize their contributions. They share in the success they help to create. We offer a wide range of benefits, resources, and competitive compensation plans designed to support you at every career and life stage.
Learn more about our benefits: benefits.medtronic.com
This position is eligible for a short-term incentive plan. Learn more about Annual Salary and Medtronic Incentive Plan (MIP) on Page 6 .
- Posting Date: Apr 26, 2021
- Travel: Yes,
Location: Memphis, TN
Job date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 07:38:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!