Job title: Principal Scientist
Job description: At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Principal Scientist, Protein, is a new position based at our Lenexa, Kansas office and labs. In this role, you will be a strong part of a global R&D team with opportunities for career advancement and play a key role in delivering food technology and application projects that support Corbion’s Sustainable Food Solutions. The ideal candidate is a team player, building on the expertise of others and strives to be the “go to” expert for internal and external partners. Your primary responsibilities will be to initiate projects and bring new ideas into the organization, define and execute projects, and materialize solutions. If you’re a self-starter, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and an expert in proteins, this may be the right career path for you!
- Manage and/or support protein related food application projects focused on dairy, bakery, and meat alternative applications
- Build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead a cross functional team that may include sales, marketing, operations, R&D, applications, senior leadership, procurement, customers, and suppliers as a subject matter expert in protein applications and related projects
- Develop and implement protein based solutions, capabilities, and procedures by providing technical insights and support to the R&D teams. Help strengthen R&D’s protein science and technology competencies to support the company strategy
- Manage projects ($20m – $100m) including timelines, budgets, cross-functional teams, resources and outcome
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Food Science, Protein Chemistry, or Cereal Chemistry is required, PhD in Proteins Science is a plus
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in food companies with focus on protein functionalities and performance in various applications
- Subject matter expert regarding the principles of proteins and their application in food
- Experience in both product development and the corresponding analytical and/or characterization techniques involving food systems
- Strong understanding of the principles of food science, functional ingredients in foods, dairy science, baking science, and meat science
- Working knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis tools
- Track record of successful food ingredient product development and research
- Ability to build trusted relationships with internal and external partners, becoming their “go-to” expert
- Strong people skills with open and clear communication style
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of € 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2,138 FTEs. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information:
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Location: Lenexa, KS
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 06:53:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!