Job title: Process Chemical Engineer
Company: Jost Chemical
Job description: Process Chemical Engineer
Jost Chemical is seeking ambitious, hard-working talent for the Jost Production Team!
Are you looking for a career at a fast-paced environment, where your hard work and dedication will pay off? Are you a team player, who sets goals to get the job done and would like to use your skills to grow with a great company?
Then, this position is right for you!
Process Chemical Engineer
Position: Full time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance after 60 days.
- 3% Safe Harbor contribution to your 401k.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Employees eligible after 90 days of continuous employment.
- 9 Company Paid Holidays (72 hours) each year.
- Uniforms Provided
- Foot Protection- annual allowance for all laboratory, maintenance and production employees.
- 24-hour access to our free, on-site fitness center.
- We provide Individual development, on-the-job training, and development programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Jost Chemical is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. We consider applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the chemical manufacturing industry.
Process Chemical Engineer
- Works under general direction of the Process Engineer Manager in a c-GMP regulated manufacturing environment operating under Q7A standards.
- Broad responsibility to provide process technology transfer support and technical leadership from Research and Development to all unit process operations of manufacturing.
- Provide expert process engineering technical assistance to operating facilities (includes planning/ implementing investigation and analysis in problem areas or areas of significant opportunity for process improvement)
- Provide process engineering support to process improvement efforts including systems analysis, scope development, and evaluation of alternate technologies and methods; serves as technical specialist in the application of theories, concepts, and principles
- Develop material and energy balances, process flow diagrams, process and instrument diagrams, lead technology selection and equipment testing
- Develop engineering solutions to production and operations problems and opportunities
- Provide engineering support in planning and commissioning production related process and facilities modifications
- Function as Project Manager for assigned capital projects
- Develop/ modify technical guidelines, standards, and specifications in the area of specialty
- Provide mentoring to other engineering and engineering support personnel
- Keep abreast of new methods and developments affecting operations for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis in programs, or new programs, or new programs warranted by such developments
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of operations experience, two (2) years of which may be substituted by and advanced degree
- Knowledge of:
- Theories, principles, methods and procedures of chemical engineering (Advanced level)
- Mathematics and statistics (Advanced level)
- MS Office software package
- Skill in:
- Working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects at once
- Effective, disciplined and demonstrated documentation
- Working effectively in a team environment, including in-depth collaboration between development and process divisions
- Responding to rapidly changing demands
- Ability to:
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Develop creative solutions to complex process problems
- Design and manage projects
- Identify, gather, coordinate, organize and analyze data
- Exercise judgment while being insightful, logical and methodical
Jost Chemical Co.
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:39:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!