Job title: Process Engineer
Company: Stepan Company
Job description: Job Description
The Process Engineer will provide technical leadership in development and execution of Capital Projects from feasibility through construction and start-up. The person in this role will serve as the key technical resource to support plant optimization efforts regarding safety, capacity, cost, quality, and environmental improvements.
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Serve as process engineer on capital project teams
- Use Front End Loading to define and scope projects, evaluating process engineering alternatives based on technical feasibility and economics
- Lead development of technical deliverables on key capital projects to ensure safe, workable, cost effective solutions are being developed that will meet the defined business/project objectives including: Process/Engineering Flow Diagrams, Material & Energy Balances (M&EBs), Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Scope Document Reports, Process Requirements of New Equipment/Instruments
- Provide process engineering leadership supporting plant operations during commissioning and start-up
- Participate on plant optimization teams to identify opportunities for improvements in cost, capacity, environmental, and safety issues
- Actively participate and contribute in all safety programs to continually improve the safety culture of the Company
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems with minimal guidance or supervision
- Identify and solve problems and enable successful projects
- Partner with Project Manager and plant representatives to build a cohesive project team
- Minimum 7 years of experience is required
- Experience in Chemical or related industries is required
- Experience using Front End Loading is desired
- Batch chemical process experience is desired
- Demonstrated strong ability in process design including distillation, mass transfer, reaction, kinetics, and thermodynamics
- Experience in process data driven recommendations for improvements
- Experience working with external engineering resources – prioritizing/delegating work and driving accountability/productivity is desired
- Experience with ISO and Responsible Care is desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering required
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:40:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!