Job title: Process Engineering Supervisor
Job description: Requisition Number: 45463
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Scope of Position: The position is for a supervisory role in the Corning Environmental Technologies (CET) division, with a focus on machining technology in a manufacturing setting. This role will report into the Plant Operations Manager. The responsibilities for this role include managing the ops process team to improve equipment and process effectiveness, increase yields, drive cost reductions and active receivership and deployment of new technology and products to manufacturing. Lead the organizational transformation of Achieving Manufacturing Excellence and MEE fundamental understanding efforts. Corning Environmental Technologies is a division that produces engine after-treatment products, such as catalytic converters and diesel particulate filters. These products are being used to clean the air, reducing the amount of soot and harsh chemicals released into our environment.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Supervise a broad team of Process, Mechanical, Chemical, Controls, and Programing (engineers and technicians) in support of the CET IDM facility.
- Develop, coach, and mentor personnel as appropriate to build and leverage skill sets to enhance the effectiveness of the organization.
- Act as a working manager to ensure proper coverage of processes and projects. As well as provide hands on leadership at times for troubleshooting and/or project leadership.
- Support a culture of production partnership and active engagement in daily production.
- Manages team for response to day to day troubleshooting, and production related outages, or process upsets.
- Provide guidance on project priority, scope, and key business linkages to ensure the individual understands how to manage schedule and resource conflicts.
- Manage Project based work and provide technical expertise in the design, construction, and process debug of manufacturing equipment.
- Lead Manufacturing Excellence transformation through development of LEAN, DMAIC, MEE and PQA principles to the organization.
- Work with Plant Operations Manager to set and implement short-term and long-term strategy to achieve plant production, quality, safety and financial goals.
- Drive continuous improvement in manufacturing and cost reduction for the plant while maintaining and developing operational systems.
- Increase throughput in the bottleneck processes by improving yield and reducing waste.
- Provide active receivership with the Plant Engineering organization for critical business priorities and new technology deployment to manufacturing.
- Interface with and support manufacturing on new product introductions, process improvements and equipment design modifications.
Travel Requirements: Minimal (less than 10%)
Hours of work/work schedule: Standard work schedule during business hours; Monday – Friday with some evening and weekend hours required to meet production/project needs as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Management with demonstrated work experience in a manufacturing setting should apply.
- Minimum of 5+ years of process engineering and/or manufacturing operations experience with 3+ years of progressive supervision (matrix/direct)
- Manufacturing experience in a factory setting
- People management (people development, performance feedback, staffing, etc.)
- Leading groups of cross functional teams
- Mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated efficiency at technical problem solving
- Project management
- Operational management
- Process rigor as it pertains to process control and documentation
- Track record of troubleshooting and supporting manufacturing processes through PCPD, LEAN improvements
- Functional knowledge of MEE
- Track record of setting priority, urgency and accountability
- Experience working in a Union environment
- Performance Excellence training (Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing, Process Control, Process Discipline tools
- Development of fundamental engineering skills in team members.
- Technical curiosity and personal integrity (We live the Corning values)
- Able to motivate and develop people, build relationships
- Interpersonal skills – open, engaging, enables others to perform at their best
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Communicates effectively both in writing and presentation
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 06:38:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!